How To Construct This Cake ?

Decorating By sweetnessx3 Updated 8 Mar 2011 , 3:23am by Ursula40

sweetnessx3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
8 replies
sweetnessx3 Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 1:54am
post #2 of 9

I needed to mention she needs it to feed 150 guest.

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 2:11am
post #3 of 9

can't open it

AKS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKS Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 2:15am
post #4 of 9

OK, let's see if this makes any sense. Judging by the picture, this is what it looks like to me:
From top to bottom (each cake is a different letter & in height order)

A) two 4" x 3" torted and stacked

B) two 8" x 3" torted, stacked and carved to make the curve

C) two 4" x 3" torted and stacked

D) two 6" x 3" torted, stacked and carved to make the curve

E) one 10" x 3" torted

F) one 6" x 2" carved (possibly torted- don't fill the 6 x 3 pan as high with batter)

To carve the curve, use the curvature of the bottom of the pan that is to be inserted into the carved cake as a guide. So, if the carved cake is the female (concave) and the uncarved cake the male (convex), I would use the bottom of the male pan as a template, making an imprint on the female cake. From there, carve away. Hopefully this makes sense. Good luck and let me know if I was unclear.

love2makecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
love2makecakes Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 2:24am
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKS

OK, let's see if this makes any sense. Judging by the picture, this is what it looks like to me:
From top to bottom (each cake is a different letter & in height order)

A) two 4" x 3" torted and stacked

B) two 8" x 3" torted, stacked and carved to make the curve

C) two 4" x 3" torted and stacked

D) two 6" x 3" torted, stacked and carved to make the curve

E) one 10" x 3" torted

F) one 6" x 2" carved (possibly torted- don't fill the 6 x 3 pan as high with batter)

To carve the curve, use the curvature of the bottom of the pan that is to be inserted into the carved cake as a guide. So, if the carved cake is the female (concave) and the uncarved cake the male (convex), I would use the bottom of the male pan as a template, making an imprint on the female cake. From there, carve away. Hopefully this makes sense. Good luck and let me know if I was unclear.

Yeah like she said... Although they look a little more like the largest being a 12" and the smallest being a 6".

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 2:28am
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursula40

can't open it

This might work for you:

http://cupadeecakes.blogspot.com/2010/10/trees-and-leaves-well-it-is-that-time.html

HTH

sweetnessx3 Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 2:30am
post #7 of 9

Thank you so much AKS that looks about what I was thinking. I wonder what sizes I would need to come up with 150 servings :-/ ? Im worried about that little booger on the side falling off lol!!!! How did the fondant leaves sooo dark brown?

Thank you AKS !!!

sweetnessx3 Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 2:41am
post #8 of 9

Oh Sorry , I didnt see all the other post I must have been reading AKS . Thanks everyone for helping me .... Im just kind of nervous about this one.

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 3:23am
post #9 of 9

Thank you, yes using a proxy I was able to open it. Would have been a shame, not to have seen this beauty

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%