Sure Cuts Crashed My Cricut

Decorating By bakencake Updated 20 Sep 2011 , 11:26pm by Cocovdv

bakencake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakencake Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 6:20pm
post #1 of 13

DH tried installing surecuts but it crashed my cricut. after several tries my cricut now works but the screen crashed and i cant see commands. Has this happened to anybody else?

12 replies
ycknits Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ycknits Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 6:31pm
post #2 of 13

I'm so sorry to hear about your problem.... how frustrating! I use SureCuts, linked directly to my Cricut Cake, with no issues similar to yours. It sounds like there's probably something wrong with your Cricut.

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 6:50pm
post #3 of 13

Oh no, I'm so sorry that stinks. I have been using Sure Cuts Alot 2 with both of my Cricuts for well over a year and never had an issue. Did you update your Cricut Firmware before trying to use SCAL? That's the only thing I can think of.

Cocovdv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cocovdv Posted 18 Sep 2011 , 7:45pm
post #4 of 13

I have the Same problem. Is yours fixed already? I just had my cricut 1 day!

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 19 Sep 2011 , 2:13am
post #5 of 13

The new software doesn't work with it anymore. They were sued by Cricut. Unless you can get someone to loan you their older version on disk. I've had a Cricut for 8 months and meant to get the software "eventually"... now I'm kicking myself that I didn't get it when I had the chance - now that Crickut is an expensive paperweight collecting dust.

Mystic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mystic Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 3:40am
post #6 of 13

OMG, I just ordered my cricut cake and the sure cuts. How do i know I have an old or new model? icon_cry.gif

I purposely just purchased the cricut for the Sure cuts cartridge... PLEASE someone help icon_eek.gificon_surprised.gif

Thanks in advance icon_biggrin.gif

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 4:19am
post #7 of 13

Cartridge? Is there a cartridge called sure cuts? I was talking about Sure Cuts Alot, the 3rd party software that is no longer compatible with Cricut.

http://www.scrapbookupdate.com/2011/03/11/provo-craft-sues-sure-cuts-a-lot-alleging-copyright-violations/

gidgetdoescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gidgetdoescakes Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 5:26am
post #8 of 13

so if you got the software dvd a year ago it should still work ok right?

Mystic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mystic Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 10:27pm
post #9 of 13

[Cartridge? Is there a cartridge called sure cuts?]

I'm sorry, I've been calling it a cartridge. So I'm hoping I have the right one... icon_eek.gif

Thanks for the info icon_biggrin.gif [/quote]

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 10:39pm
post #10 of 13

Just NEVER update your Cricut's firmware and Sure Cuts A Lot will continue to work.

bakencake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakencake Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 10:43pm
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocovdv

I have the Same problem. Is yours fixed already? I just had my 1 day!

I had it for a day too so you can see how i was freaked out. my husband fixed it. i just asked him and he told me that it was really complicated. something to do with updating the firm ware.

Cocovdv Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 11:21pm
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakencake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocovdv

I have the Same problem. Is yours fixed already? I just had my 1 day!

I had it for a day too so you can see how i was freaked out. my husband fixed it. i just asked him and he told me that it was really complicated. something to do with updating the firm ware.

Ok! Well i am happy to hear it can be fixed.. Its works perfectly wth SCAL, but I can't use it without it... Since i am from the Netherlands and ordered it in US it is pointless to send it back because of shipping costs.
Can you still use it with SCAL? Or cartridges only? And did your husband open it up or anything of just used the computer... Because maybe then I can fix it myself too.
Thanks for asking for me anyway icon_smile.gif

Cocovdv Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 11:26pm
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

Just NEVER update your 's firmware and Sure Cuts A Lot will continue to work.

Actually it was SCAL that told me to update in order to use it! That 's when it crashed... Now I can't use my cricut without it. I guess updating is the problem, but I had to.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%