Finally, A Cake For My Daughter!!!

Decorating By mahal50881 Updated 8 Mar 2011 , 1:27am by Gerle

mahal50881 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mahal50881 Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 4:15pm
post #1 of 5

One day a year, I get to make a birthday cake for my daughter! It's always my favorite cake to make and I spend all year planning it! This year it was a Ni Hao Kai-Lan cake. Check it out in my photos if you like. What cakes do you all look forward to making every year?

4 replies
yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 4:38pm
post #2 of 5

The cake is so cute; you did a great job! Every cake I get the chance to make is my favorite because I get off on each design that I create. My daughter is 23 so making her cake is like making one for an adult ( I wish I would have been interested in caking when she was younger; those would have been my favorites). I do however like making childrens cakes, girly cakes (all ages), holiday cakes and baby shower cakes. I can't wait til I become a grandma; I've got all kinds of ideas for the baby shower, lol!

mahal50881 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mahal50881 Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 12:24am
post #3 of 5

I love baby shower cakes so much it ALMOST makes me want to have one so I can make my own cake! I can't wait till my daughter gets "tea party" age! I've already got lots of great ideas!

klutzy_baker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klutzy_baker Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 12:53am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahal50881

I love baby shower cakes so much it ALMOST makes me want to have one so I can make my own cake! I can't wait till my daughter gets "tea party" age! I've already got lots of great ideas!

Oh my gosh, you took the words out of my mouth lol!! I at least wish I knew someone who was going to have a baby.

But your cake is so cute! I'm pretty new to decorating so I'm excited to see all these awesome cakes.

Gerle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gerle Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 1:27am
post #5 of 5

Sigh.....I, too, want to make a baby shower cake. I've seen such cute ones here on CC. But my oldest son and his wife have decided not to have kids, and my younger son isn't married yet and doesn't know when he will be (just can't find the right one yet), so I keep hoping my daughter-in-law will be going to or having a baby shower for a friend so I can make the cake! I'm up there in age, so my friends are past that stage! So for now, I just enjoy doing birthday, anniversary and whatever comes along. I'm a hobby baker, so don't do wedding cakes and probably never will. They scare me to death!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%