Books

Decorating By davea Updated 8 Mar 2011 , 7:41pm by Marianna46

davea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
davea Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 1:33pm
post #1 of 4

Hello
I'm doing a few Dr Seuss book cakes, and I was thinking about trying to have the cakes standing up. Has anybody tried this? I'm not sure it's even practical.

Thanks
Dave

3 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 6:45pm
post #2 of 4

I haven't tried it, so I cant really tell you, but I do have an idea: you could make a really tall rectangular cake - say 5 2" layers - and then just decorate it as if it were books placed vertically. Maybe you could cut the top layer down in a few places, as if the books were different heights. You would put the book spines on one side of the cake and you could also cut the opposite side down to make books of different widths, too. The book covers themselves would only have to be strips of fondant strategically placed (like you do the bottom covers of stacked books). Do you think that would work? You know, I just made a stacked book cake (which I haven't posted yet) and I'm getting so intrigued by this idea that I might just try doing one this way. I LOVE new challenges! Hope all this ranting has been helpful!

davea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
davea Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 7:09pm
post #3 of 4

Good idea.......I did a gift bag cake, which was similarly tall and thin. It was going to be a number of books together anyway

Thanks!

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 7:41pm
post #4 of 4

Well, good luck with it and be sure to post a picture!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%