Firing A Bride- Wording...

Business By jenmat Updated 11 Mar 2011 , 12:09pm by indydebi

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 3:10pm
post #61 of 70

Okay I left the website as is and I put together this for "firing" the bridezillas -- to be emailed to them directly when and if this decision ever comes to pass (boy I wish I had this two weeks ago!):

Thank you for contacting [insert business name here]. As an exclusive cake studio, we place great importance on our relationship with every client. Thus, we only accept those commissions where we feel we are a good fit with our client; and where we will be able to work together in an atmosphere of mutual respect and integrity. We wish you great blessings in your life to come.

JohnnyCakes1966 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JohnnyCakes1966 Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 4:45pm
post #62 of 70

I agree with not putting a disclaimer on your website or business card. The fact is, the client isn't "bound" to that and might still be rude at some point. It happens. I try to weed out bridezillas (or motherofthebridezillas...MOBzillas??
icon_biggrin.gif ) or other rude people at the tasting/consultation. Sometimes one slips by me and I deal with them. But no need to potentially offend the 98% of customers who are a pleasure to work with for the 2% who aren't.

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 5:23pm
post #63 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

You know, we've all seen that sign in the mechanic's, the plumber's, etc, that says:

Rates:
$10/hour if I come and fix it.
$25/hour if you've started to fix it.
$100/hour if you fix it and broke it and now I have to redo the whole thing.

We need a similar price structure:
$3.50/serving for our wonderful brides!
$4.50/serving for our wonderful brides with interferring friends/relatives
$10/serving for having to deal with bridezilla attitudes.
It's your choice! thumbs_up.gif

Now this I love! icon_lol.gif

PieceofCakeAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PieceofCakeAZ Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 6:59pm
post #64 of 70

We don't have a rudeness disclaimer, but our pricing page has a tongue in cheek disclaimer:

"If your reception is within 10 miles of our shop, we won't even charge extra for delivery if your cake feeds more than 75 guests. (Unless we really don't like you, then we'll charge you for all kinds of crazy stuff)"

Well it sounds tongue in cheek, but it's totally true. icon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 8:50pm
post #65 of 70

Found it! My favorite website/caterer with a Bridezilla clause right up there! J-BAR-H is a very large and successful caterer. Scroll to the last entry on this page.......

http://www.jbarhtexasfoods.com/AboutUs.html

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 8:55pm
post #66 of 70
Quote:

Found it! My favorite website/caterer with a Bridezilla clause right up there! J-BAR-H is a very large and successful caterer. Scroll to the last entry on this page.......

Oh I LOVE that Indy!! icon_biggrin.gif

Stephy42088 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stephy42088 Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 10:19pm
post #67 of 70

That's awesome! I just added it to my contract! icon_smile.gif Thanks Indy!

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 8:00pm
post #68 of 70

Maybe we're dealing with the "me" generation but in my 16 years of cake decorating, I've never seen so many undecisive brides, rude grooms and overbearing mothers in my life. I've cut one two couples out this year because of it - like the soup natzi on Saturday Night Live use to say NO CAKE FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!

hrnewbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hrnewbie Posted 11 Mar 2011 , 6:16am
post #69 of 70
Quote:

It's almost like a Code of Conduct statement. I'm in HR and we make every employee go through training about acceptable workplace behaviors, including expectations around treating one another, vendors, etc. This statement could have come out of any of those trainings. Simply put: We expect you to treat each other nicely and if you cannot do that we will not continue to have a relationship with you.

So sad that this is even something we have to discuss though.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 11 Mar 2011 , 12:09pm
post #70 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrnewbie

So sad that this is even something we have to discuss though.

amen sista!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%