Frosting For Pear Cake

Baking By ColeAlayne Updated 7 Mar 2011 , 3:17pm by Swede-cakes

ColeAlayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ColeAlayne Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 1:35pm
post #1 of 8

I experimented with the WASC recipe to create a Pear/white chocolate cake. I'm looking for a light frosting to top it off, but I still need to be able to spread it smooth and do a border. Suggestions???

7 replies
LaurenLuLu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaurenLuLu Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 9:44pm
post #2 of 8

What about a cooked frosting (made with flour and milk). Have to beat it forever but it is so fluffy and tastes divine.

ColeAlayne Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 2:44am
post #3 of 8

That's what I was thinking. Any favorite recipes???

LaurenLuLu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaurenLuLu Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 3:04am
post #4 of 8

It's what I use for Red Velvet instead of cream cheese frosting. Not sure if you've made this before.. If not, the sugar is granulated not powdered and it has to be whipped for a long time to lose the grittiness. So worth it. Good luck! icon_smile.gif

Red Velvet Cake Frosting

6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups softened butter (no subs!)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix flour and milk in saucepan. Stirring constantly, cook until very thick, like paste. Cool completely (at least 2 hours - important!) Cream butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Add to cooled mixture and beat until light and fluffy.

herty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
herty Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 10:44am
post #5 of 8

My daughter and I tried this cake Combine milk, sugar, and butter in saucepan beside all recipe also need to make but it is essential or initial stage.
----------------
Vegas Happy Hours

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 11:46am
post #6 of 8

Pear puree in IMBC. Or a pear all-fruit or jam. You could brush the top of the cake in pear juice, found in the hispanic food isle.

ColeAlayne Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 2:47pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to give the Red Velvet cake frosting a try and see how it goes!

Swede-cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Swede-cakes Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 3:17pm
post #8 of 8

Coming in late on this one...I recently enjoyed a Pear Lavender martini and the combination was amazing! So I messed around with a pear cake recipe and used a lavender infused buttercream. Lovely!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%