Fondant On Indydebi's Buttercream

Decorating By KATHIESKREATIONS Updated 5 Mar 2011 , 12:39am by KATHIESKREATIONS

KATHIESKREATIONS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATHIESKREATIONS Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 10:22pm
post #1 of 6

I am sure this has been discussed, but I couldn't find it. I have a cake that I am going to frost in Indydebi's buttercream & then putting on lots of fondant pieces. My question is this. Can I put the fondant pieces on the buttercream the day before the cake is due without ruining the fondant? I really wanted to fondant the whole cake first, but they would rather just have the buttercream. Thanks much~~~

5 replies
Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 10:30pm
post #2 of 6

Your cake will be fine if you fondant the entire cake or only use fondant accents. I'm not sure why you think it will be ruined.

And you can decorate the cake the day before it's due with no problems icon_smile.gif

Vanessa7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vanessa7 Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 10:30pm
post #3 of 6

I use Indydebi's buttercream exclusively and decorate them with fondant all the time. I've never had a problem with the fondant getting ruined. Go ahead and decorate. You should have no problems at all. icon_biggrin.gif

KATHIESKREATIONS Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 12:03am
post #4 of 6

icon_smile.gif Thanks you so much, Normita & Vanessa. I guess I wasn't meaning "ruined" so much. I guess the fondant will just get softer, not ruined. It was just that all the decorations will be made from fondant & put on a buttercream covered cake. I am so glad that I will be able to decorate this entire cake a day ahead without concern. icon_biggrin.gif If this cake has a mousse filling (yes, dairy) & has to be refrigerated, will the fondant decorations be safe until the next day?

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 12:26am
post #5 of 6

If your fondant is exposed to air, it will be firm, it will not soften, don't worry (there is no real water-soluble moisture to absorb from Indydebi's buttercream). However, if you plan on refrigerating, put your cake in a box or cover with plastic so that condensation falls onto the wrapper instead of the fondant. When you bring it to room temperature, do so still in the wrapper so that the condensation does not dissolve your fondant. HTH!

KATHIESKREATIONS Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 12:39am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by emiyeric

If your fondant is exposed to air, it will be firm, it will not soften, don't worry (there is no real water-soluble moisture to absorb from Indydebi's buttercream). However, if you plan on refrigerating, put your cake in a box or cover with plastic so that condensation falls onto the wrapper instead of the fondant. When you bring it to room temperature, do so still in the wrapper so that the condensation does not dissolve your fondant. HTH!

Thank you so much.....This cake is for my grandson's 1st birthday & I just want it to be as perfect as I can make it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%