Liquor In Baking

Baking By pastryqueen9 Updated 5 Mar 2011 , 7:34am by scp1127

pastryqueen9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryqueen9 Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 10:09pm
post #1 of 5

What is the best way to bake with liquor? Is it better to use a liquor flavored simple syrup or to bake it in the batter? Or maybe there is a better method, I'm not sure but I have several requests for cakes based on popular drinks and I'm not sure how to execute them. Any help would be appreciated. TIA

4 replies
moxey2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moxey2000 Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 10:26pm
post #2 of 5

I use my regular vanilla butter cake recipe and replace part of the milk with the liquor. I don't do anything else special. If the cake gets icing then I use a little of the liquor in the icing. If it doesn't get icing (like a bundt or pound cake) then I make a simple syrup with the liquor in it and soak the cake in that. Hope this helps.

chefjess819 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjess819 Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 10:28pm
post #3 of 5

as far as i can tell, you can use the liquor as is to mix into the batter. the harvy wallbanger cake uses vodka in its straight form. as does a cake made with bailey's irish cream. http://www.christmas-cookies.com/recipes/recipe317.baileys-irish-cream-cake.html

i think people put the liquor into the simple syrup when they are saturating the cakes after baking and before stacking...HTH!

pastryqueen9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryqueen9 Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 11:58pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you ladies!!

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 7:34am
post #5 of 5

Pastryqueen, many of my offerings have liquor included and most have completely different applications. If you give me some info, such as cake flavor and liquor type, I will be happy to share some suggested methods.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%