Fondant Baby Booties

Decorating By DeezTreatz Updated 8 Mar 2011 , 8:56pm by Marianna46

DeezTreatz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeezTreatz Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 5:24pm
post #1 of 6

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone could help me - I need to make fondant/gumpaste baby booties - is there a tutorial?

Thanks!
Dee

5 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 7:15pm
post #2 of 6

They're very easy to make and there are several patterns in the Patterns and Templates section of the gallery here on CC. My advice would be to use either gumpaste or fondant with about a half teaspoon of CMC per pound or a 50-50 fondant-gumpaste mix. Fondant alone will probably be too soft to hold its shape when dried. Cut the soles about 3/8" thick and let them dry for a couple of days so that they're hard and provide a firm base to work on. Cut out the other pieces and put them on with a little tylose glue (1/4 tsp. of CMC/tylose to 1/2 cup of water). Keep the pieces in place with crumpled kleenex, paper towels or synthetic pillow stuffing until they're dry (2-3 days).

lakish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lakish Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 7:32pm
post #3 of 6

there is a baby bootie tutorial i found very interesting at this link

http://www.mycakeschool.com/member/videos/wordpress/

please scroll down a little to find the tutorial

Marianna46 Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 7:57pm
post #4 of 6

I just looked through that tutorial - super cute and I just KNEW that that textured shelf line had to be good for something besides keeping my cakes from sliding around when I transport them!

debbief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbief Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 8:19pm
post #5 of 6

Wow thanks for sharing that tutorial. Those booties are cute! I may have to try them sometime.

Marianna, I just saw all those baby shoes in your gallery. Amazing! They are all so adorable icon_smile.gif

Marianna46 Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 8:56pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks, debbief! They're from a workshop I took from Lourdes Reyes in Mexico City. She's the one who's taught me all the basics of cake decorating.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%