I Bet This Is A New One!

Decorating By corpsequeen Updated 6 Feb 2012 , 1:49pm by Cathrine123

corpsequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
corpsequeen Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 5:07am
post #1 of 55

My family and I own pet chickens and we have 3 teenagers who still sleep indoors in a box and when it starts to get dark they peck on the front door because they are ready to go to bed. Anyway! There I was attempting to decorate my first real butterceam cake (I prefer fondant). I just finished piping borders on it when I heard the chickens pecking on the door. I went to let them in and put them in their box but when went to grab chicken patty(that's her name lol) she jumped up on to the table directly onto my cake!! Ahhhh! I was beside myself. I grabbed her quick and stuck her in her box with her sisters, I'll bet she still has buttercream on her foot lol.

Only at my house would a chicken jump on my cake!!!

54 replies
CookieD-oh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieD-oh Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 5:42am
post #2 of 55

No chickens in the cake at my house, but I once had a parakeet land in my cereal bowl. icon_biggrin.gif

corpsequeen Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 6:39am
post #3 of 55

Lol pets do the silliest things. I just had my cat eat all the buttercream off a cupcake I left on the counter! What a day it's been!

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 8:25am
post #4 of 55

In my home kitchen, my yorkie stands under the mixer, knowing I am eventually going to spill something. She's a frosting fiend.

Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 10:02am
post #5 of 55

ehheeheheh! i love chickens, didnt think they Loved cake though lol!

Chellescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chellescakes Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 10:24am
post #6 of 55

My Corgi loves icing days , when my friends come over to play icing or I am hosting one of our branches workshop nights. She sits under the table and waits for any scrap of icing to fall.

A couple of months ago , I had a comittee meeting at my home, she sat under the talbe waiting for all these cake decorators to drop icing and then whinged when we just had a meeting

JRAE33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JRAE33 Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 11:45am
post #7 of 55

Oh, Boy!! That's the first time I've heard of a chicken landing on a cake in the kitchen. Very funny...although sorry to hear about the time you put into it being for nothing!!

amygortoncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amygortoncakes Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 3:03pm
post #8 of 55

My favorite part of the story is that the chickens knock on the door. Man that is great. I can't stop laughing.

Thanks for the story

debbief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbief Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 6:07pm
post #9 of 55

What a great story. I didn't even know chickens could be pets. Love the name chicken patty icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

But I am sorry about your cake. Darn chickens!

BCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCo Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 6:26pm
post #10 of 55

Too cute that they knock on the door! We are building a chicken coop this spring and I love the name Patty for the chicken...I may just have to use that for one of them...along with Nugget, Florentine, Divan & Pot Pie icon_smile.gif

corpsequeen Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 6:33pm
post #11 of 55

Lol! I'm glad you all enjoy it :p my family loved it too. Our chickens names are patty (we of course call her chicken patty), nugget, fill-a, strip, pretty, p2, hoot, nibbler, shy and our rooster is stampy! They make amazing pets and give amazing eggs!

BCo Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 6:55pm
post #12 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpsequeen

Lol! I'm glad you all enjoy it :p my family loved it too. Our chickens names are patty (we of course call her chicken patty), nugget, fill-a, strip, pretty, p2, hoot, nibbler, shy and our rooster is stampy! They make amazing pets and give amazing eggs!

That's so great to hear! My mother has a lot of land that her house sits on and the kids keep bugging her to let them have chickens there....so she is icon_smile.gif So this spring all the kids are required to go to her house and clear the land and help build the coop in preparation for chickens! Her BF grew up on a chicken farm so we are looking to him for all the ins and outs of being chicken owners! I love all of your names! So fun!

Mb20fan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mb20fan Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 7:11pm
post #13 of 55
Quote:

My family and I own pet chickens and we have 3 teenagers who still sleep indoors in a box...

Lol...Your kids sleep indoors in a box??? Image

jk...cute story. Image

corpsequeen Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 7:57pm
post #14 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCo

Quote:

That's so great to hear! My mother has a lot of land that her house sits on and the kids keep bugging her to let them have chickens there....so she is icon_smile.gif So this spring all the kids are required to go to her house and clear the land and help build the coop in preparation for chickens! Her BF grew up on a chicken farm so we are looking to him for all the ins and outs of being chicken owners! I love all of your names! So fun!

that is so great! you guys will love them! get them young and raise them by hand and they will be the friendliest pets you ever had! we got our first chicks at a fair one year and we have been hooked ever since! they are truely wonderful pets! icon_biggrin.gif

corpsequeen Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 8:02pm
post #15 of 55

lets see if i can figure out how to attach a picture..

i often frost my cake scraps for my family to enjoy when i make a cake and after i finished repairing my cake i made this while still angry lol. just an ugly joke icon_razz.gif

Nope!heres a link instead http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/XxLust_WhorexX/111c5fb5.jpg

BCo Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 8:09pm
post #16 of 55
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCo

Quote:

that is so great! you guys will love them! get them young and raise them by hand and they will be the friendliest pets you ever had! we got our first chicks at a fair one year and we have been hooked ever since! they are truely wonderful pets! icon_biggrin.gif

I can't wait, I'm just as excited about it as the kids! Everyone is allowed to get their own chicken so I'm sure this will be a fun adventure and I hope the kids learn a little along the way as well....Goats are on the short list as well, but that's my mothers wish list, she saw miniature goats when she was on a trip and now she has to have them - she should have bought a farm at the rate we're going!! LOL I don't think she'll allow them in the house though icon_smile.gif

corpsequeen Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 10:27pm
post #17 of 55

Haha our chickens only come in when they are young that way they can get used to people and be very friendly. I would love some goats! My sisters really want sheep. But we also have tons of dogs and cats and a few other pets so we just can't afford them right now.

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 10:47pm
post #18 of 55

When I used to work we had geese that would peck at the door for us to come out and give them corn. Eventually they had ducks, geese, chipmunks and a rabbit. One day it was literally duck,duck, goose!! But it was too funny when they would knock at the door! Oh, and a mallard decided that she was going to take the empty office!!

jerseygirlNga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jerseygirlNga Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 11:15pm
post #19 of 55

I think its time for a name change...given that Patty is a pet and you don't want to make her dinner...then you can call her

PATTY CAKE!!!

patticake1951 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticake1951 Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 2:09am
post #20 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygirlNga

I think its time for a name change...given that Patty is a pet and you don't want to make her dinner...then you can call her

PATTY CAKE!!!

that is a good name!!!! LOL
love the story about the chickens.

cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 2:29am
post #21 of 55

My granddaughter has chickens for pets and they are so funny. She holds them like a football and can even take their feet and hold them upside down. The amazing thing is they don't get nervous and flap their wings, they just hang upside down. She can call them and whichever one she calls will run to her and wait for her to pick it up. They do have a rooster and they said it sounded as though it was going through puberty as when he tries to crow his voice cracks, they call him Little Man.
evelyn

corpsequeen Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 7:55am
post #22 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakegrandma

My granddaughter has chickens for pets and they are so funny. She holds them like a football and can even take their feet and hold them upside down. The amazing thing is they don't get nervous and flap their wings, they just hang upside down. She can call them and whichever one she calls will run to her and wait for her to pick it up. They do have a rooster and they said it sounded as though it was going through puberty as when he tries to crow his voice cracks, they call him Little Man.
evelyn

cute! Sounds like our chickens ^.^

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 9:02am
post #23 of 55
Quote:

My family and I own pet chickens and we have 3 teenagers who still sleep indoors in a box and when it starts to get dark they peck on the front door because they are ready to go to bed.

This is my favorite part of the whole story. When my kids were teens neither one of them pecked at the front door when they were ready to go to bed.m That's priceless!

vtcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vtcake Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 6:40pm
post #24 of 55

You should never hang a chicken upside down! Never never! That could break a bone in their delicate bodies.

Also, chickens can be great pets, I have had them for 5 years, but they are a stinky messy animal and should not be in your home, especially near food.

corpsequeen Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 7:38pm
post #25 of 55

Putting a chicken upside down is how you make them throw up.. One of mine once had sour crop and I had to do it several times a day until she was better.. The poor dear.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 11:13pm
post #26 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcake

You should never hang a chicken upside down! Never never! That could break a bone in their delicate bodies.

Also, chickens can be great pets, I have had them for 5 years, but they are a stinky messy animal and should not be in your home, especially near food.

I have to say that I'm kind of surprised that this is the only comment that's been posted referring to how gross the idea of a chicken landing on a cake is. I love animals probably more than the average person, but that's nasty.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 11:16pm
post #27 of 55

I hope the cake was tossed. Nothing like chicken poop and yard dirt... ewww! But you're in So Cal, California so it's its a cake for family anyway right.

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 13 Mar 2011 , 1:54am
post #28 of 55

Aside from my health code concerns, I find it highly disturbing that so many people who EAT chickens, (or pigs or whatever...) keep them as pets. There is a quote I love:
"Why do you call some animals pets, and other animals dinner?"

I really don't understand why people won't just eat (fresh) roadkill? Isn't it just meat? I know squirrels are very high in cholesterol, and all...and deer meat has the strong tang of urine, but I'm sure there are easy pickins' along most heavily driven highways. I'm just stating the obvious. icon_smile.gif

edited to add: distuging isn't a word...it's disturbing, so I fixed it!

chefjess819 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjess819 Posted 13 Mar 2011 , 2:17am
post #29 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by madchen

Aside from my health code concerns, I find it highly disturbing that so many people who EAT chickens, (or pigs or whatever...) keep them as pets. There is a quote I love:
"Why do you call some animals pets, and other animals dinner?"

I really don't understand why people won't just eat (fresh) roadkill? Isn't it just meat? I know squirrels are very high in cholesterol, and all...and deer meat has the strong tang of urine, but I'm sure there are easy pickins' along most heavily driven highways. I'm just stating the obvious. icon_smile.gif

edited to add: distuging isn't a word...it's disturbing, so I fixed it!

1st point: most people who have chickens, pigs, cows, goats..etc as pets usually do not EAT, said pets. It would be the same as saying that you find it disturbing that people who raise horses still use glue.
2nd point: when cooked the right way, squirrels can be very good. I've never in my 25 years ever eaten deer meat that tasted of urine.
there is no reason to go on about how some people eat when it's just a matter of opinion...not really sure how you got from "hahaha! my chicken landed on my cake! isn't it soooo funny!!!" to "go eat roadkill" is completely beyond me...

ChRiStY_71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChRiStY_71 Posted 13 Mar 2011 , 2:48am
post #30 of 55
Quote:
Quote:

...not really sure how you got from "hahaha! my chicken landed on my cake! isn't it soooo funny!!!" to "go eat roadkill" is completely beyond me...

Agreed! Sometimes ya just gotta let a funny story be a funny story!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%