I Made This Photo For A Demo Cake And Am Trying To Figure...

Decorating By Ali3971 Updated 3 Mar 2011 , 10:58pm by sugarflour2

Ali3971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ali3971 Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 5:24pm
post #1 of 6

Take a look at my photo, the black tiers are just decorated spacers. The top tier sticks out farther then the 2nd which is a black spacer, do I have to fondant the bottom of the cake on the top tier or just put it on a cake plate? I am confused on how to get this to look right and still look like my design and not fall over. ANy advice would be helpful

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1944156

5 replies
DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 6:37pm
post #2 of 6

I'm not sure what you mean by 'fondant the bottom of the cake'. How in the world would you lift, move, cut or serve it?

Just put it on a board or plate the same size as the tier. Whether or not you wrap the fondant around the bottom of the board is your choice. The petals will cover the board anyway.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 6:59pm
post #3 of 6

Is the cake going to be up above anyones heads?

Most cakes sit on a table, which is about waist high. So unless you have really short people or a really tall cake no one is going to see the underneath of your cake layers. icon_smile.gif

Ali3971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ali3971 Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 8:21pm
post #4 of 6

lol thank you, I was unsure if a cake board would support the weght of the cake of the top tier with the smaller tier under it.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 8:42pm
post #5 of 6

Make sure you use a very sturdy cake board, like 1/2-inch foamcore or a cake drum.

sugarflour2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarflour2 Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 10:58pm
post #6 of 6

You can buy black foamcore in in 1/4" and 1/2" I've used both as cake boards.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%