Help Please! Can't Figure This Out--Making Starbucks Label

Decorating By patty7276 Updated 3 Mar 2011 , 2:48pm by patty7276

patty7276 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patty7276 Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 1:25pm
post #1 of 5

want to make a starbucks themed cake for my daughters birthday. i don't have access to edible images. would like to make a "label" for the cup, thought about making a chocolate transfer but don't know how to "round it" to fit around the cup. can anyone help me figure this out? thank you

4 replies
KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 1:45pm
post #2 of 5

LOL! I have made 2 Starbucks cakes! I cheated on the label! lol I cut the label out off of a clean cup and put it on the cake (its already rounded!), adhered with icing. One cake was for my daughter, the other was for a friend's son, so it really didn't matter. lol

Kread Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kread Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 2:01pm
post #3 of 5

Mine was definitely not perfect, but I printed the label, then cut out a template. I used an exacto to cut out as much as i could, then drew in the rest with an edible marker. There's a pic on my profile.

j0z1e Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
j0z1e Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 2:08pm
post #4 of 5

If you're doing a chocolate transfer then you can tape wax paper to a cup and then after it sets up it will retain the shape. I have used the tiara tutorial with chocolate and it comes out great.

patty7276 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patty7276 Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 2:48pm
post #5 of 5

these suggestions are very helpful--thanks all. kread, your starbucks cup looks great. is that real whipped cream on top?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%