Recipe For White Chocolate Mmf??

Baking By Foxicakes Updated 3 Mar 2011 , 11:39pm by lutie

Foxicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Foxicakes Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 1:38am
post #1 of 8

Does anyone know a recipe for white chocolate MMF? One that can be done by adding the actual chocolate into the mixture and not one that just uses white chocolate flavoring extract? I have searched and searched and there are no recipes for anything like this on the web or on here. Just wondering if it can be done.

7 replies
lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 1:57am
post #2 of 8

The updated Michelle Foster recipe for fondant has the white chocolate version included in it...you add the white chocolate into the fondant...it is in the CC Recipes here.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 2:17am
post #3 of 8

I made this couple days of go. Got the recipe from another thread.

melt 6 oz. white chocolate with 16 oz. of mini m/m. and 2 Tbs. water , add ,2 tsp. vanilla and butter flavoring (i used magic line cream bouquet) and 1/1/2-2 /tbs. glycerine, and 1 tsp. salt(1/2 tsp. is enough) sift 2 lbs. of powder sugar. spread about 1 cup on table top. Put rest in mixer bowl, make a well and pour in wet ingredients. I used the paddle, you can use the dough hook. mix together good. Grease your hands, bowl that you put the m/m ,etc in , the spatula , the mixing bowl with crisco. this helps it all come together really good. after mixing in the bowl, turn out on the powder sugar on the table and incorporate that in. Keep your hands slightly greased as your work. it works up really nice and pretty. wrap in plastic wrap. I did not put in fridge . i left on counter top. It taste delicious. I have used as decorations for my cake this week. I have not used it to cover a cake. I know you have to warm it in the micro to soften it up when you go to use it(for my decorations and i know you would have to , to cover the cake. If you don,t have creme bouquet(magic line) then use some vanilla, lemon and almond flavoring. hth

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 2:39am
post #4 of 8

Icer, that looks like a variation of macmoms mmf recipe. I think it's exactly the same except for the choc. I use her recipe all the time and it works like a dream. I think the addition of glycerin is what makes this a really workable, easy to use fondant. I'll have to try this white choc version. Thanks!

Foxicakes Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 3:34am
post #5 of 8

Lutie, I read that one, but obviously not all the way through. I'll check it out. Icer, that sounds great! And, it's actually JUST about like what I was thinking I would do if I couldnt find a recipe. I melted my marshmallows using white chocolate mocha coffee creamer and I melted 12 oz of white chocolate..guess I wont be actually using that much (lol). The only thng I had planned to do differently was use both glucose AND glycerine. Does anyone know of a reason why I shouldnt ? I see one or the other used in a lot of MMF recipes and always BOTH used in standard rolled fondant recipes, so I thought, what the heck, use both. Anyway, thank you all for your help!

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 4:08am
post #6 of 8

Hi, like i said, i wrote this down the other nite , that someone posted on a thread. I did not find it in the recipe sections. It is really good. I want to try it on a cake. I usually make carrie bigger's fondant or toba garrett's fondant. They are delicious also. Again, that magic line, creme bouquet flavoring is delicious in all that i make.

Foxicakes Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 5:02am
post #7 of 8

Icer, thanks again. I just made it and I probably used too much white chocolate. Not the whole 12 ounces but at least 9. I had to use more powdered sugar also. Now the end product isnt sticky, but it sure isnt firm and "bouncy" either!! Did yours take a while to firm up? I covered mine with a very thin layer of shortening and put it in the fridge. Hopefully it wont be this way when I try to use it!! This is only the 3rd time making MMF. Usually I buy fondant because Ive always found the MMF was too soft. But those times were in the heat of summer so I was hoping this time would be different. Ugg! I did not have a plan "b" for this cake that is due Friday!!

lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 11:39pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxicakes

Icer, thanks again. I just made it and I probably used too much white chocolate. Not the whole 12 ounces but at least 9. I had to use more powdered sugar also. Now the end product isnt sticky, but it sure isnt firm and "bouncy" either!! Did yours take a while to firm up? I covered mine with a very thin layer of shortening and put it in the fridge. Hopefully it wont be this way when I try to use it!! This is only the 3rd time making MMF. Usually I buy fondant because Ive always found the MMF was too soft. But those times were in the heat of summer so I was hoping this time would be different. Ugg! I did not have a plan "b" for this cake that is due Friday!!

Foxicakes, may I please ask you the reasoning behind putting your fondant in the fridge? In all my years, I have never ever put the fondant in the fridge as it sweats...I keep mine at room temp wrapped in oiled saran wrap that is placed in a zip lock plastic bag inside of a plastic container...it stays fresh for at least 3-4 months...of course, I use the older fondant for my figures, flowers, etc.
I would appreciate your input...love to learn new techniques! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%