My First Cupcake Wedding ...ima Nervous Wreck!!

Baking By sechrestloans Updated 3 Mar 2011 , 10:31pm by sechrestloans

sechrestloans Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sechrestloans Posted 2 Mar 2011 , 1:07am
post #1 of 6

I have my first cupcake wedding this weekend I'm so nervous. I didn't get much direction from bride except her colors ( champagne and pale yellow) and I asked several times to see centerpieces or anything..even what kind of flowers she is having, and nothing. It is this Saturday and I'm so nervous!!! Any pointers wil help! it is 100 jumbo cupcakes, I am putting it on a cupcake tree and ribbon around the edges,but that's pretty much it. I am so nervous that the ribbon or frosting colors won't match exactly because I have nothing to match them with... Just had to vent because my husband is sick of hearing it LOL. Thanks for listening/ looking. icon_surprised.gif)

5 replies
theonlynameleft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theonlynameleft Posted 2 Mar 2011 , 1:31am
post #2 of 6

My theory is that you do the best you can with the information you have and if she isn't 100% happy then thats really her own fault. That is why it pays to always get orders with information so that you have that to fall back on as evidence of what you have been instructed.

I always get the customer to supply their own ribbon because what they call "burgundy" for instance could be completely different to the shade that I would call burgundy.

Maybe the bride is really laid back and not too picky and is happy with your interpretation and has faith in your taste - here's hoping. Either way, if they have definate ideas of what they want and colours etc then they should have passed this info onto you.... especially if you have asked several times. icon_smile.gif good luck

CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 12:54pm
post #3 of 6

In looking at your photos I can see why she asked you to do her wedding. I would not be the least bit nervous. I am sure that is why she asked you because she felt you would do a great job.

sechrestloans Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 5:11pm
post #4 of 6

Thank you!! I talked to her and she said there is no table decor except some lights. So I'm gonna take the reigns and decorate it my own way and hope it works LOL

Ali3971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ali3971 Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 5:36pm
post #5 of 6

Im in the same boat, I am building a tower and gecorating it with a beaded fringe ribbon thats sparkly, fancy cupcake liners,and colored buttercream maybe some edible pearls or small fondant flower or something IDK lol. My bride also wants a small 2 tier cake beige colored, and thats all I got to go on for the cake! I have no idea what to do with a beige cake so any advice would help me as well! AND she ordered a guitar grooms cake luckily that's pretty easy.

sechrestloans Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 10:31pm
post #6 of 6

That sounds beautiful! Make sure to take pictures! I want to see! I decided to put pale yellow ribbon around the stand edges, then have the cupcakes sitting on Graham cracker sand with various seashells and Have starfish on the cupcakes. The venue is on the beach so hopefully it will work out. I might add tulle somewhere in there! But not sure if it will be overkill or not LOL. Good luck!! I. Sure tomorrow will be a crazy day for you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%