Looking For "pinkcakebox" Like Cupcake Tower

Baking By Normita Updated 28 Jul 2011 , 6:05am by Normita

Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 1:40am
post #1 of 17

Hi everyone!!

I am looking for a cupcake stand similar to those that Pinkcake box uses. I want one that there is not much of a gap between the tiers.

http://www.pinkcakebox.com/wedding-cupcake-stands.php

Thanks

16 replies
Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 3:32am
post #3 of 17

Thanks cupcations...I actually already have an acrylic stand but wanted one like the pinkcakebox. I am going to look at ebay to see what I find...thanks icon_smile.gif

crumbcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbcake Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 3:44am
post #4 of 17

Normita, don't like your acyrlic stand you have, I was interested in buying one, would appreciate any comments concerning this before I buy one.

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 3:51am
post #5 of 17

I have this cupcake tower:

http://www.koyalwholesale.com/pages-productinfo-product-16405/5_tier_cupcake_stand_best_seller.html

It is clear but it was so inexpensive that I'm considering getting 1 or 2 more and using that special plastic paint to make a white one & a black one. The clear one can be fun to decorate INSIDE the tubes w/curly ribbon or little lights. The whole thing comes apart for cleaning.

HTH
Kristy

crumbcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbcake Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 4:09am
post #6 of 17

Thanks for the info and speedy reply!

Normita Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 9:46pm
post #7 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by crumbcake

Normita, don't like your acyrlic stand you have, I was interested in buying one, would appreciate any comments concerning this before I buy one.

I like it for simple parties...but really wanted the thicker more sturdier stand like the ones from pinkcake box. For the price I bought the acrylic one I can't complain...but really want a more fancier one icon_smile.gif

MelissaMay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelissaMay Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 2:49am
post #8 of 17

I was also looking for a cupcake stand that was similar to the ones seen on Pink cake box's site. I emailed them to see if they would tell me where the were purchased. They were so nice enough to get right back to me and let me know that they custom make each stand for each client! Now I want to know how the heck do they do that!!!!

My DH is very handy but I'm not sure where to start!!! any help would be appreciated! icon_biggrin.gif

aprilismaius Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilismaius Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 1:50pm
post #9 of 17

http://www.chloescustomcakestand.com/Shop-Our-Stands.html

Chloe's Custom Cake Stands look similar.

Becca1007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Becca1007 Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 11:04pm
post #10 of 17

I just built my own cake stand similar to that (only square) but its the same process for a round one. I found that since I had the tools, it was MUCH cheaper to build my own than to buy one.

I used a single sheet of 1/2" plywood, some trim boards, a 5 ft section of ABS pipe, a threaded rod and a couple of nuts.

southerncross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncross Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 11:49pm
post #11 of 17

Normita, The pinkcakebox stand looks like its fabricated in acrylic /plastic making it sturdy but light weight (although must more weight than the cardboard variety). I would head over to TAP Plastic (there's a store in Stockton) and take the picture with you. When I lived in California, I found them very helpful when I wanted to make something in plastic. They will help you select the correct thickness of acrylic sheets, cut them to size and will probably even give you advice as o how to work the sheets with the acrylic tube down the center. They you too can rent the stand for $150 ...wow, I never realized the profit margin in stand rentals! Good luck and let us know how it works out.

MelissaMay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelissaMay Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 3:10am
post #12 of 17

Becca1007
That is beautiful!! I know that my Husband who is very handy will be able to help me, is there any coating to it? did you paint it? I'm afraid that with just a coat of pain it wouldn't be food safe? I can't wait to try to make one like this!!! Thanks again

Becca1007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Becca1007 Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 3:54am
post #13 of 17

Thanks!

I used a glossy paint so that it can be wiped down and sanitized. I'll try to take some more pictures of the individual pieces tomorrow and post them so you can see how it goes together.

But basically you can make it any height you want it, as all the pieces come apart. This stand held about 120 cupcakes but they were fairly spread out, you could probably fit more if you set them closer together.

The hardest part of the project was cutting the pipe so that it was level. Its also store well as you can flip the base over and all the other pieces nest inside of it.

platinumlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
platinumlady Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 4:10am
post #14 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ62798

I have this cupcake tower:

http://www.koyalwholesale.com/pages-productinfo-product-16405/5_tier_cupcake_stand_best_seller.html

It is clear but it was so inexpensive that I'm considering getting 1 or 2 more and using that special plastic paint to make a white one & a black one. The clear one can be fun to decorate INSIDE the tubes w/curly ribbon or little lights. The whole thing comes apart for cleaning.

HTH
Kristy

Oh Wow thanks for sharing ... I love this one. And like you said inexpensive. Since you have one is it sturdy & durable?

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 4:45am
post #15 of 17
FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 4:50am
post #16 of 17
Normita Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 6:05am
post #17 of 17

Thanks everybody for their helpful links and suggestions. Unfortunately, I posted this thread months ago and since then have purchased a cupcake stand from "the cupcake tower". I love it!! It's so elegant and I can put ribbon around the edges which I love. But I want a square one too...maybe I'll have hubby make me one...then again, I need it in this century lol!! Love hubby to death, but having him do something for me is like waiting for piggies to fly icon_eek.gif

$150 for rental is crazy!! I'm only charging $25...which is dirt cheap!! I should start charging more!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%