Modeling Paste

Baking By cakecreation Updated 1 Mar 2011 , 12:16am by cakecreation

cakecreation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecreation Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 11:14pm
post #1 of 4

Can someone please help with modeling paste recipe. Gumpaste just does not seem to work when making baby animals etc. Please help. Thanks. icon_cry.gif

3 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 11:35pm
post #2 of 4

hi, this is mike mccary's recipe .

2 pounds white chocolate, 1 cup corn syrup. Melt chocolate slowly in microwave oven, being careful not to overheat. Chocoalte should be just warm ot touch. set aside. Heat corn syrup in mocrowave for 30 sec. or until the same tempt. as the chocolate. Pour heated syrup into melted chocolate and mix until combined. Pour mixture into sheet pan lined with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until set. Store at room temp. in resealable bag. To color, add powdered coloring to melted chocolate before adding corn syrup . as follows Red-6 grams. Black=6 grams. I have always used the recipe, but i half it. I usually use gel colors or candy colors as i use it . Can do both ways. I take Mari Senago's demons at ices convention and she uses this amounts for her flowers. The makes beautiful chocolate flowers, etc. hth I don,t heat the corn syrup before adding to the chocolate. Never have.

Moondance Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moondance Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 11:35pm
post #3 of 4

mix your gumpaste with with 50% fondant....knead it and store it in plastic wrap...it;ll be fine

icon_smile.gif

cakecreation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecreation Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 12:16am
post #4 of 4

Thank you for your help. I'll be trying both. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%