Spiral, Road Of Life Carving Help!

Decorating By joycesdaughter111 Updated 1 Mar 2011 , 10:39pm by milkmaid42

joycesdaughter111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joycesdaughter111 Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 9:24pm
post #1 of 2

Hi everyone,

I have been reading/searching how to carve one of those spiral road cakes. I printed out the directions posted by berecca titled "How to carve a spiral cake" here on CC.

I am still confused icon_redface.gif .

In the the awesome hiking cake pictured, the cake looks really tall. But the photos are showing what looks like 4 layers of an 8 or 10 inch cake with one extra cake baked to make the "road."

Also, in the finished cake, it looks like the road wraps all the way around the back of the cake. In the directions, it looks like the spiral is only on the front of the cake.

Am I missing something? Are the photos just showing the carving part and there are more tiers to be add that are not shown??? (because in yet another post, someone did some thing similar and used a 6, 10, 14 combo and then I was really confused, sigh).

Can someone out there smarter than me help with this?

Cake is due Saturday. Thanks in advance for your help.

1 reply
milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 10:39pm
post #2 of 2

I wish I could answer you, but I'm afraid I'm in the same boat. I am making a train cake for a 3 yr old and wanted to do the spiral effect. I had exactly the same questions as you when I studied the tutorial. I have until mid April so I'm hoping that someone can clarify it.

Jan

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%