Quality Of Cake

Decorating By Stella1 Updated 27 Feb 2011 , 11:35pm by CWR41

Stella1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stella1 Posted 27 Feb 2011 , 9:47pm
post #1 of 5

I need help and you take a cake that is frozen thaw it decorate it put it in the refrigerator for a couple of days and then put it back in the freezer? I made a cake for a friend they then said they couldn't pick it up right away so I refrigerated it. Then they said the event was delayed to freeze it. How will that affect the cake.

4 replies
VaBelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VaBelle Posted 27 Feb 2011 , 9:53pm
post #2 of 5

As long as it's wrapped up good, it shouldn't negatively effect it at all.

sweetooth0510 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetooth0510 Posted 27 Feb 2011 , 9:54pm
post #3 of 5

Hiya

My opinion is that you should never re-freeze something that has already been frozen and thawed out - something in the recesses of my mind about food hygiene. If you were decorating in fondant and froze this it would affect the fondant when it thaws, colours and bleed and fondant can crack when dry. If these people booked the cake for a specific date then they need to honour that or place it in their own freezer.

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 27 Feb 2011 , 10:24pm
post #4 of 5

Wrap it tightly and freeze. If there is lots of fondant on it, also put in a box and wrap the box with plastic. When ready to deliver, unwrap and let it come to room temp slowly. the fondant will be sticky at first but then it will dry. I had to do this once. It was fine.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 27 Feb 2011 , 11:35pm
post #5 of 5

Wholesale bakeries do it all the time. Cakes go from the oven to the freezer, from the freezer to the decorators while they are thawing, packaged, refrozen, and shipped.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%