How To Proffesionaly Ship Cut Out Cookies?

Baking By 1LisaCoufal Updated 28 Feb 2011 , 6:56am by Corrie76

1LisaCoufal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1LisaCoufal Posted 27 Feb 2011 , 9:29pm
post #1 of 5

I have started a decorated cookie business. I need suggestions on how to ship cookies so they wont break but look proffesional...Any help? Thanks

4 replies
zespri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zespri Posted 27 Feb 2011 , 10:00pm
post #2 of 5

as luck would have it, I just read a blog post about that yesterday!
http://iammommy.typepad.com/i_am_baker/2011/02/how-to-package-and-ship-cookies.html

cakemeech201 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemeech201 Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 3:48am
post #3 of 5

i recently had to ship cookies and cupcakes from pennsylvania to kentucky. i used one of the prepaid boxes from the post office, filled it with paper and added the individually wrapped goodies. well except for the cupcakes, they were on small pieces of cardboard (3 on each) wrapped like CRAZY with plastic wrap and placed in freezer bags. they were only for family so i didn't sweat it much. i'm happy to report they arrived fresh and uncrushed!!!! the cupcakes were in the condition i packed them, sparkly fondant hearts and all!! i had to use the large box to ship which was $14.95, a little pricey but as long as it weighs less than 20lbs you're golden. hth!!!

good luck!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Corrie76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Corrie76 Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 6:52am
post #4 of 5

I have shipped cookies a few times to my brother in CA and also to an uncle in TX and what I do is lay the cookies flat on a cardboard cake board, place a sheet of parchment paper over them and wrap it all as tight as possible with plastic wrap. I then prepare a box-i use a cake box that is the same size as the cake board...I put down a layer of bubble wrap first, then the wrapped cake board, then another layer of bubble wrap - at this point you can add another layer of wrapped-to-the-board cookies and alternate between bubble wrap and cookies. If I'm only sending one or two "layers" of cookies I make sure I fill up any additional empty space with tissue paper. I also test the packing by closing the lid on the box and shaking it, if I hear any movement at all, I know I need to add more tissue. Both uncle and brother report that they have yet to recieve a broken cookie thumbs_up.gif

Corrie76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Corrie76 Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 6:56am
post #5 of 5

I also wanted to add that I have typically sent cookies in a 1/4 sheet size box- I use brown cake boxes and never bother to wrap them- just tape it shut all the way around with packing tape and throw the address right on the box...it typically costs me about 8 dollars in postage.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%