Showgirl Headdress Cookie

Baking By gingerbreadtogo Updated 25 Feb 2011 , 5:31pm by artscallion

gingerbreadtogo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingerbreadtogo Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 3:38am
post #1 of 8

I'm doing cookies for theater production of "follies", any ideas how to make a cookie look like the fluffy feathery headdress's. I can't even figure out which cutter to use..I have 100's. I have finally been stumped..Please help me if you have any ideas. Or does anyone have a good idea related to the show?

Thanks, Lisa

7 replies
gingerbreadtogo Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 4:00am
post #2 of 8

I can't get the picture loaded.

Chonte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chonte Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 5:01am
post #3 of 8

you could always make your own cookie cutters. it's gonna take longer to cut each cookie tho. just draw the shape you want on some heavy card stock and trace it on to the cookie dough.

Dreme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dreme Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 4:05pm
post #4 of 8

I agree with Chonte. I would make my own cutter as well. I use the hand cutting method if it is just a few, but for larger orders I make a custom cutter. If I have to do either one of these though the price per cookie goes up.

Maybe an indian headress (not sure if there is a cutter for this), pattern might work or something like this: http: //www.costumebox.com.au/images/P/Showgirl%20Headdress%20-%20Black%20Costume%20Accessories.detail.jpg

A showgirl headdress cookie sounds cool.

cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeyouverymuch Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 4:40pm
post #5 of 8

This may come too late for your current dilemma, but for future reference you might want to have this on hand. I bought the kit a year ago and keep a refill strip of the metal on hand for when I need a cutter that just isn't available locally.

http://www.goldaskitchen.com/merchant.ihtml?pid=3694&step=4

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 5:07pm
post #6 of 8

I would use something like this

http://tinyurl.com/4oyklm8

turned upside down so the dress would become the headdress. Ice the face in then either pipe in the headdress or use long thin fondant cutouts to make feathers, maybe using a leaf cutter and veiner.

If you want to mimic the original Follies logo, make it look like there's a crack in her face like this...

gingerbreadtogo Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 5:24pm
post #7 of 8

Artscallion, what a great idea with that cutter. I love the way you creative people can see things from a different perspective..I have a hard time seeing it until it's pointed out to me. It figures, I just ordered some other stuff from coppergifts, guess I can place another order.

I do have cookie cutter makings but I prefer premade cutters.

Thanks Ladies..

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 5:31pm
post #8 of 8

Actually, in looking through your pics, I see you have a Mrs Claus gingerbread cutter that would probably work just as well. You'd just need to cut the arms off.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%