Needing The Sugar Recipe That Can Be Used To Make Beer Pour

Sugar Work By klacrawford Updated 25 Feb 2011 , 4:45am by Marianna46

klacrawford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klacrawford Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 3:29pm
post #1 of 7

I need the recipe/instructions on how to make the sugar that can be used to look like beer or liquid pouring from a can. I have looked in recipes and articles but I cant find iticon_sad.gif If anyone has the instructions please pm me thank you soooo much guys.

6 replies
choco_bleu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
choco_bleu Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 4:05pm
post #2 of 7

maybe u can use clear piping gel,add golden yellow color.and for the bubbles u can use royal icing,maybe?
just an ideaicon_smile.gif

klacrawford Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 6:19pm
post #3 of 7

I need the sugar recipe so that I can use a dowel to hold the can up and have beer pouring out of it on to the cake. I want it to look like its suspended in the air like some of the cakes on here.

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 6:44pm
post #4 of 7

What you basically need is a recipe where you melt the sugar, let it cool to where you can work it with your hands and form it around the dowel. I unfortunately don't know what else goes into it besides sugar or what temperature it needs to get to before you take it off the flame, but maybe you could PM some of the people who have posted cakes like that to see if they wouldn't give you a little advice. I'd love to know how to do that, too!

klacrawford Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 7:17pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks marianna46 I pm'd two people if I get a response I will send the instructions as well.

Goonergirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Goonergirl Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 10:39pm
post #6 of 7
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 4:45am
post #7 of 7

That would be the one! Thank you, thank you, thank you! You have to look down in the comments for the instructions, but they're there. I suppose you should cool it down the way she says to do for pulled sugar, but instead of pulling it, shape it around the dowel, up into the can and down into the "glass" that would be your cake. I'm out of town right now, but I'd really like to try this when I get home.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%