Can I Freeze Whipped Cream Or Whipping Cream?

Lounge By SugarandSpice3674 Updated 24 Feb 2011 , 2:22am by SugarandSpice3674

SugarandSpice3674 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarandSpice3674 Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 11:47pm
post #1 of 4

I bought some extra and dont want it to go to waste, anyone know if i can whip it and freeze it or just freeze it unwhipped? i only need to freeze it for a week and a half. Thanks so much!

3 replies
Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 1:12am
post #2 of 4

It won't be any good whipped then frozen. When it defrosts it will collapse and separate. Ihave frozen pure cream (35%) fat, but only to later use defrosted in making ganache. It looks pretty unappetising once its defrosted but does fine in a ganache,

hth

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 1:35am
post #3 of 4

Having owned a cow and having all the dairy products available to me, I used to freeze whipped cream regularly. I never used it with cake-associated recipes, but it sure was handy to have a ready dollop to top a mug of hot chocolate or pudding, or jello. I sweetened it and added a touch of vanilla and just piped or swirled a blob on waxed paper and placed it in the freezer. When frozen, I popped them into a plastic bag where they awaited the next urge for whipped cream.
Another use for excess cream is making butter, but that is a whole other thread.

Jan

SugarandSpice3674 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarandSpice3674 Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 2:22am
post #4 of 4

thanks Guys, i guess i just might have to freeze it and save it for ganache then ... icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%