Moving To Northern Arizona

Lounge By sewsugarqueen Updated 24 Feb 2011 , 9:29pm by KimAZ

sewsugarqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsugarqueen Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 11:43pm
post #1 of 3

A friend's daughter is moving to northern Arizona and I know this is dumb but all my friends and family have lived in the Midwest all our lives.... so here goes... In the desert area do you need hiking boots due to snakes??? Is that something to look out for? The only reptiles around here are frogs, toad, and garden snakes . Read about it but is it really something to look out for????

Yes I know dumb dumb northerners.... and I will not be insulted by the zingers I'll get but we do want to know.

2 replies
suepers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suepers Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 7:18pm
post #2 of 3

Not dumb at all. I live in southern AZ, not northern, but you only need hiking boots if you're going hiking. icon_lol.gif Around here, we wear flip-flops, sandals, tennies, whatever. If your friend's daughter will be spending a lot of time in the desert, then a good pair of boots is definitely in order. Otherwise, we're quite civilized, with pavement and everything! LOL icon_razz.gif

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 9:29pm
post #3 of 3

I agree with the statements above. No need for hiking boots unless you plan to hike or are out in the desert for whatever reason.

Snakes are not usually in neighborhoods or populated areas for the most part. Of course they can be at times, but it's not like you see snakes slithering around everywhere. I've lived outside Phoenix for over 14 years and have never seen a snake.

KimAZ

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%