It's My Work, It's Your Wedding!!! Picture Drama.

Decorating By cakelady2266

cakelady2266 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady2266 Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 7:35pm
post #1 of 1

I realized I must be a magnet for the unusual stuff that happens in this business. But this is a new one....

Yesterday I got call from a lady wanting to talk to me about her daughter's wedding cake. Good, I like wedding cakes!!! She starts out by telling me that her daughter's maid of honor was needing a cake and had googled cake pictures. The maid of honor came upon a picture of her (the callers) daughter's wedding cake on my website. She said she was confused on why her daughter's wedding cake would be on my website since they had not hired me to do the cake!!!!Why and how would I have the cake picture.

Well, after some discussion I told her how it came to be that her daughters wedding cake was on my website. I did the cake and I described it down to the very last detail. But they hired a lady named Angela to do the cake, she says. Yes I tell her and Angela hired me. I described the lady and told her where she lived and sure enough it was the same Angela. The wedding/reception was in 2008 on a military base with restricted access. So the woman was even more sceptical as to my being there since I would have to be on a list. Yes I was on the list I tell her, Angela put my name on the list. But we paid Angela she goes on, yes and Angela paid me. She wanted to know if this sort of thing happens much in the cake business. I told her that I had been subcontracted out several hundred times. She was astounded but the she also wanted me know how wonderful the cake was and how pleased they had been.

She never got around to what I think she wanted originally...the picture off taken off my website. I beat her to the punch and told her the cake was my work and would remain on my website.

I have a ton of cake pictures on my facebook page, website, and in my photo ablums of cakes that I was hired though wedding coordinators, florist, and other cake decorators to do. I don't feel obligatied to put up only pictures of cakes I was hired by brides/grooms to provide. I did all the cakes, it's my work and I only have pictures of my work no one else's.

So what is yall's take on this?

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%