How Mini Are Your Mini's??

Decorating By simplysouthern Updated 26 Feb 2011 , 4:35am by lilsis

simplysouthern Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysouthern Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 7:53pm
post #1 of 9

Hello fellow cakers icon_smile.gif I am going to do some mini cheesecakes as a test run for a bridal shower and upon looking into the sizes I realized mini could mean MANY different sizes in terms of cheesecakes! Again, I am making them for a bridal shower and wanted something small and easy to eat without utensils like a mini cupcake is.

So what size are your mini cheesecakes? Same as mini cuppies which is the 1.25 diameter? Or do you use a muffin tin or a cupcake tin?

WOW so many options, so very little time! Thanks again for the help, best wishes for a happy baking day icon_smile.gif

Simply Southern

8 replies
debbief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbief Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 7:59pm
post #2 of 9

I made some for my daughter's babyshower years ago and I just used regular sized cupcake tins. Then I topped the individual cakes with different fruits and fruit fillings. It looked really pretty.

I would think you can use mini cupcake tins as well as long as you don't bake too long. They're a great finger food!

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 12:45am
post #3 of 9

I have made them in the mini cupcake tins. I used silver liners and drizzled a bit of chocolate on top. They were elegant and everyone loved them. It allows people to eat them without much guilt because of their size.

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 4:49am
post #4 of 9

I make minis and regular cheesecupcakes in plain ole cupcake wrappers. They are a BIG hit.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/yLnjxTeM9yXVqNeox3n8IA?feat=directlink

Jen

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 8:47am
post #5 of 9

I have the mini cheesecake pans. They are about 1 1/4 inches across. The bottom comes out of each of the 12 cavities. The sides are straight.

Ninky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ninky Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 1:14pm
post #6 of 9

I make these often, I use regular muffin size pans. Found if i made them smaller they were all base and no filling.

lilsis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilsis Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 1:34pm
post #7 of 9

I'm making mini cheesecakes for my niece's wedding next month....I did a 'trial' run this summer when she was in town and we had problems getting the papers off of the cheesecakes! We thought of making them in a regular pan and cutting them when they are frozen to put into a mini wrapper.....any suggestions?? Need to make about 300 or so!!!

scp --- can I ask where you found that pan you described???

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 7:59am
post #8 of 9

lilsis, they are on amazon.com. They are mini cheesecake pans with removable bottoms, 12 wells each.

lilsis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilsis Posted 26 Feb 2011 , 4:35am
post #9 of 9

thanks --- will have to check them out!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%