Pricing My Cakes

Decorating By josefina20 Updated 6 Mar 2011 , 6:04pm by SweetnSour1604

josefina20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
josefina20 Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 7:16pm
post #1 of 3

Hi! I am new here, i am hoping some one can give me some ideas or advice. I am new in cake decorating. I have been making cakes for friends, i have never charge them anything, because for me it was a practice, Now i would like to make it as business, and i do not know how to price my cakes. Is there any different when a cake is make with fondant? what could be the price if i make gumpaste flowers or figures? PLEASE HELP.

thanks icon_sad.gif

2 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 7:28pm
post #2 of 3

pricing varies drastically all over the country and world. It's best for you to sit down and figure out what you need to charge to make a profit.

Check out this thread for some great detailed answers by TexasSugar
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-694973-.html

Also, please be aware that it's not legal to bake out of a home kitchen in most states (not sure where you're at to let you know if it is or not) so you may have additional cost in your overheads to get licenses or renting a kitchen etc...

SweetnSour1604 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetnSour1604 Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 6:04pm
post #3 of 3

Hi, I'm new in an area also,and I seem to be in the same boat thatyou are in I didn't know that it was illegal to bake in your own kitchen ,Thanks for letting us know,but what states are not legal for a home based baking business? Can't wait to find out...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%