Fondarific On Sale At Ross

Decorating By bakencake Updated 4 Mar 2011 , 5:01am by VentureSister

bakencake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakencake Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 3:01pm
post #1 of 19

I just went to Ross and got a 3Lb of fondarific for $11.99. I asked the cashier how long have they been selling it but she didn't know. Anybody else see it at these types of stores.

18 replies
LoveMeSomeCake615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 3:13pm
post #2 of 19

Ross like the discount clothing and home decor store?? Sorry if that's a stupid question, that's the only Ross we have here.

Tclanton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tclanton Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 3:39pm
post #3 of 19

We have Ross the discount store also - I will have to run by there and check it out. What section did you find it in? I wasnt aware that they have actual food items other than spices.

bakencake Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 3:40pm
post #4 of 19

Yes, that the one!!! I know, weird right? they had wedding white and red. I also saw super fine sugar at TJ Max one time!

LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 5:49am
post #5 of 19

LOL! That is weird, but cool! Thanks for sharing, I will have to check it out tomorrow! icon_smile.gif

noni12601 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noni12601 Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 6:20am
post #6 of 19

thanks for sharing ! icon_biggrin.gif

lyndim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lyndim Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 6:54am
post #7 of 19

Not too long ago I found wilton fondant at Ross, weird huh? I haven't seen it since. It was I. The spice & food isle.

jkip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jkip Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 7:26am
post #8 of 19

I got some too, however they were 2lb tubs (32oz) of chocolate brown and wedding white. I wasn't aware they made any 3lb tubs. Funny thing is not a single one of them had an expiration date stamped on the label; they were all left blank...

wespam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wespam Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 12:14pm
post #9 of 19

I bought 3 - 2 lb containers, red, wedding white and chocolate for $11.99 each at our Ross a couple of weeks ago. I've never used Fonderific before but all three were hard as a rock when I opened them. I had to pre soften them in the microwave to use them. Not sure if that's normal to be so hard but you couldn't even cut it apart with a knife. I was able to use it but I mixed it with my regular fondant to keep it elastic. I think I'll stick with my Massa and Satin Ice. Pam

bakencake Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 2:04pm
post #10 of 19
Quote:
Quote:

Funny thing is not a single one of them had an expiration date stamped on the label; they were all left blank...

I know! i too checked for the expiration date and could not find.

I think it's supposed to be that hard. It says on the side to put in micro to soften.

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 2:24pm
post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by wespam

I bought 3 - 2 lb containers, red, wedding white and chocolate for $11.99 each at our Ross a couple of weeks ago. I've never used Fonderific before but all three were hard as a rock when I opened them. I had to pre soften them in the microwave to use them. Not sure if that's normal to be so hard but you couldn't even cut it apart with a knife. I was able to use it but I mixed it with my regular fondant to keep it elastic. I think I'll stick with my Massa and . Pam

I'm guessing that the Duff's I get at Michaels here is the fondarific. And yes, it's hard as a rock. His has instructions on the side for microwaving it. 10 seconds per pound. and more as necessary. Just be careful not to over nuke it. But I love working with it. And even the black tastes good.

jkip Posted 27 Feb 2011 , 3:39am
post #12 of 19

Okay I went back to Ross today to see if they had anymore Fondarific and guess what? All the colors were on clearance for $5.99 icon_eek.gif (the Wedding White color was still regular price), but I still grabbed every bucket I could find of the ones on sale icon_lol.gif I figure even if I decide to try another brand later (gonna splurge on Massa one of these days), I can still use this for modeling and accents...

LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 27 Feb 2011 , 3:54am
post #13 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkip

Okay I went back to Ross today to see if they had anymore Fondarific and guess what? All the colors were on clearance for $5.99 icon_eek.gif (the Wedding White color was still regular price), but I still grabbed every bucket I could find of the ones on sale icon_lol.gif I figure even if I decide to try another brand later (gonna splurge on Massa one of these days), I can still use this for modeling and accents...

Lucky! icon_wink.gif

Our Ross didn't have any! icon_sad.gif I'm thinking about trying another one.

cake_architect Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake_architect Posted 27 Feb 2011 , 4:35am
post #14 of 19

i know you'd still have to pay for shipping, but fondx elite is on sale on their website for $10.99 for a 2lb tub {here at "that takes the cake" in austin its only $5 at the show!}

http://www.caljavaonline.com/elite1-elitaprd-lg.htm

VentureSister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VentureSister Posted 27 Feb 2011 , 4:48am
post #15 of 19

Thanks for sharing. Going to have to check it out. I did find some princess emulsion there recently.

asaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
asaye Posted 27 Feb 2011 , 5:03am
post #16 of 19

I find Wilton pans at Ross here all the time, but never came across any fondant.

jkip Posted 27 Feb 2011 , 5:55am
post #17 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaye

I find Wilton pans at Ross here all the time, but never came across any fondant.

Have you checked the 'food' section, usually on the same shelves as the gourmet coffee, spices and candies? You might have to move some stuff around (the tubs I found today were behind some very large boxes of chocolate). This is the first time, well second, that I've purchased fondant there.

Also like VentureSister mentioned, they've started stocking some LorAnn emulsions and vanilla extract/paste. Before Thanksgiving I bought a bottle of vanilla paste, one almond, two orange, two lemon, and one princess cookie emulsions. They were all sold out by Christmas though. Strangely enough they had more emulsions today (but no vanilla paste icon_sad.gif

Oh and they rarely have Wilton pans at any of our Rosses. If they do they're either dented or sized wrong. I learned my lesson the hard way on the latter!

bakencake Posted 27 Feb 2011 , 1:28pm
post #18 of 19

Jkip, if you have a TJmax around they also have vanilla paste and all that good stuff. No fondant though

VentureSister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VentureSister Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 5:01am
post #19 of 19

I got fonderific there today. They only had one. They did have the coconut and princess emulsions and vanilla paste. woo hoo

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%