Calcium Free Recipes

Baking By leily Updated 21 Feb 2011 , 9:36pm by TexasSugar

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 19 Feb 2011 , 1:54pm
post #1 of 3

I have a family member that was recently diagnosed with a rare condition and she can not have ANY calcium. Does anyone have any recipes that maybe they've dealt with the same issue? I have discussed with her that a recipe can have eggs, but i would have to get a minimum of 30 servings out of a recipe in order for her to have it b/c the egg would be so little (so some of my cookie recipes are ok) But i would love to find some other dessert recipes too.

2 replies
SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 19 Feb 2011 , 2:00pm
post #2 of 3

Sorry, I don't have a recipe for you, but a thought.

She must have been given, or maybe she googled, a list of food items that are safe for her to eat. Or a list of foods and their calcium content. Maybe you should gt a copy of the list form her, that way whenever you want to make something that she might want to eat, you can check the list, and that might also help you figure out substitutions as well.

Good luck!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 9:36pm
post #3 of 3

What about something like a short bread cookie crust with some fruit spread and fruit on top? Not super fancy but something sweet.

I agree with the above, google is our friend. I'd start with the condition and see if you can find some .org sites and see if they have information.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%