Help!!! Mini Cake Pricing

Lounge By LillyCakes Updated 17 Feb 2011 , 1:09pm by indydebi

LillyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LillyCakes Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 7:54pm
post #1 of 7

I have a friend who would like to have mini cakes for her wedding cake and a small cake for them to cut and feed each other. She is having about 100 guest. The design she wants is pretty simple. They would be square covered in white fondant with red accents.

QUESTION... How do you charge for these? I would add 200 for labor...any help please!!!

I was thinking anywhere from 5 to 7 dollars per mini cake.

Thanks in advance

6 replies
caymancake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caymancake Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 8:22pm
post #2 of 7

Most of the prices I see for mini cakes range from 6-10 per cake. It's good to add the additional costs for labour - smaller cakes van be such a pain to ice and decorate. I think you're on target so far...

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 9:29pm
post #3 of 7

For a single layer cake my minimum is $10- for multiple tiers it starts at $15 and goes up.

have you ever done mini cakes? I highly suggest you do one or two to get an idea of how much time is really invovled. Also make sure you price out all of the supplies you're going to need. Do you need to get extra pans? The small cardboard rounds... whatever you're going to tranfer 100 in from your place to the reception etc... They get expensive quick.

what_a_cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
what_a_cake Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 9:49pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by leily

For a single layer cake my minimum is $10- for multiple tiers it starts at $15 and goes up.

have you ever done mini cakes? I highly suggest you do one or two to get an idea of how much time is really invovled. Also make sure you price out all of the supplies you're going to need. Do you need to get extra pans? The small cardboard rounds... whatever you're going to tranfer 100 in from your place to the reception etc... They get expensive quick.

Great advise... just did 36 mini cakes and between we (2) barely made it, spent all night long to have them ready on time. Icing and making edges clean and crisp took forever!!!!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 1:43am
post #5 of 7

since people use the term "mini" cakes in difference ways, please clarify what you are making.....

Is it a small cake for each person? i.e. a cake that is a single individual serving?

Or is it a centerpiece cake ... like a 6" or 8" two-layer round that will be cut and served to those at the table?

LillyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LillyCakes Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 12:57pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks for your responses. I am speaking of each individual having their own cake. Like cupcakes but mini cakes per person.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 1:09pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyCakes

Thanks for your responses. I am speaking of each individual having their own cake. Like cupcakes but mini cakes per person.

oh ... you can't pay me enough to do those. icon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%