Flange And Pipe Support???

Decorating By ashleyfbryan

ashleyfbryan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashleyfbryan Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 4:11am
post #1 of 1

I am going to my first cake show on Saturday (yay!) and I'm planning to stack my cakes before we leave on Friday. I know I've read here, and seen on TV, that you can screw a flange to your board and then put a support pipe into the flange and use as your center dowel. I'm trying this method this week, and am hoping it works for me so I can use it from now on with all my stacked cakes. Here's the problem - where do you get a flange? I found two at Lowe's. One was for 2.5" pipes, WAY too big; and the other was galvanized and cost like $10! I would hate to have to spend $10 every time I do a tiered cake! Is this what I'm supposed to be buying? If not, where do you get your flanges?

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%