Whimsical Cupcake Towers

Baking By chrisviz Updated 16 Feb 2011 , 8:21pm by chrisviz

chrisviz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrisviz Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 10:19pm
post #1 of 8

Hello All!

I am sure cupcake towers have been talked to death here, but I am wondering if any of you might be so kind as to point me in the direction of ideas/pictures for whimsical cupcake towers.

Yes I have "googled" for images...but I am trying to figure something a little more unique than the standard round/square towers you see all the time, which is pretty much all that comes up. Of course I still have to factor in that it will need to hold a couple hundred cupcakes...

Color and theme have not been determined yet, been any cool ideas can be modified to fit anything.

Any suggestions will be totally appreciated!

xoxo

7 replies
patticakes34 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakes34 Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 4:12am
post #2 of 8

Have you seen this one? It's been out there a while but I like that you can change the panels to your decor. I will be making my niece's groom cake - a Florida gator - and as her brother, my nephew, has celiac will have a cupcake tower with gluten free cupcakes on the same table - I plan on covering the inserts in UF fabric. You could also jazz it up with some hanging crystals, etc - to hide the "run of the mill" square cupcake tower.

patticakes34 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 2:59pm
post #4 of 8

I didnt read the link patticakes gave too much so this might not work, but to make it more whimsical in the same vain as the whimsical cakes are, could you modify the design in the link and do things like instead of the finished effect decreasing in size as the height increase, keep them roughly decreasing in size as height increases but make the tiers uneven in size, make some of them rectangle, others square (maybe other shapes too if you have access to the necessary cutting tools) but put the centre support in the middle of some and near the edge of others (obviously make sure the end result will still be balanced!). Separate the layers different amounts too (making sure your cuppies and icing will still fit between the closest tiers!)
I couldnt work out how to make the tiers not level but keep the cupcakes from squashing to the lowest part of the tier maybe but in little barriers between the rows of cupcakes?

Hopefully that makes some sense!

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 3:18pm
post #5 of 8

This person makes "different" cupcake towers.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cuptailsanddreams/2730703518/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cuptailsanddreams/3182006950/in/photostream/

There's also the Martha Stewart "build it yourself" tower that might give you an idea of how to do it for your theme (more modern design, etc.)

http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/article/lace-cupcake-towers

Alfiesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alfiesmom Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 3:18pm
post #6 of 8

in the CC galleries, under Sketches, Templates there should be some cupcake towers

chrisviz Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 8:19pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks everyone for your responses! I am gonna check these out!

chrisviz Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 8:21pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks again everyone! I hadnt seen some of these and they are great... good jumping off point!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%