Problems With Imbc - Please Help

Baking By SandyS Updated 7 Mar 2011 , 4:44pm by Baker_Rose

SandyS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandyS Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 6:16pm
post #1 of 3

I have used the same recipe for a while - but the last few times I have made this it breaks down and when I bring it back up it is watery?? Not sure what I am doing wrong. All of the times I have made this I have had no problems only once icon_mad.gif This is the same recipe posted here http://cakecentral.com/recipes.....uttercream . I don't know if my butter is the problem or what. I do know that it is not because the meringue is warm - I beat it almost 30 minutes and check the bowl.Please help me I have a order for this week and dread making this again.

2 replies
Foxicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Foxicakes Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 1:33am
post #2 of 3

Are you using fresh eggs or ones that are out of a carton?

Baker_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baker_Rose Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 4:44pm
post #3 of 3

This is something that happens, just keep beating it on medium low and it will come back together.

I was originally trained on this style buttercream at a commercial level. Using 100 pounds of butter!! My first time the baker explained not to be scared when I saw a puddle of cottage cheese in the bowl. And it IS scary when you add all those ingredients and then it looks like watery barf in a 180 quart bowl!!! BUT........keep beating and it will come back together.

When I make it at home I have never had it break, but I also am adding my butter in small additions. In the Pastry Shop we added 20 pounds at a time, so it always broke and then came back. but yes, it is scary when you first see it.

icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%