Would You Offer Anything?

Decorating By mrswendel Updated 15 Feb 2011 , 3:05am by mrswendel

mrswendel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrswendel Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 12:36am
post #1 of 4

Hi all,

I did the attached cake for a really good customer (this was cake #8 for her - in case it doesn't attach it's Lucy's cake in my gallery). I dropped the cake off at her salon (she is the owner) this afternoon -her mother was taking to the party this evening. My client just called (4 hours since I dropped off the cake) to let me know that her mother just arrived with the cake and the gumpaste flower was in pieces on the board and she wanted to know how to fix it. The flower was put on the cake in pieces - not one solid piece - attached with corn syrup and RI. The only thing I can think of is that someone was pokng at the flower and pulled it off. Normally, I wouldn't worry about it since it is customer's risk if they opt to handle their cake rather than delivery, but since she is a really good customer, I'm wondering if I should offer something. What would you do?

3 replies
foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 1:59am
post #2 of 4

I wouldn't do anything. You delivered what you promised. After 8 cakes I doubt she's gonna stop ordering all because of one flower that she likely damaged herself.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 2:10am
post #3 of 4

I agree, she knows it wasn,t broke when you delivered. Her mama probably mishandled it. You are not at fault. Beautiful cake.

mrswendel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrswendel Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 3:05am
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the replies! This is why I hate when people want to pick up their cakes rather than pay a delivery fee. Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%