Pricing A Cake

Decorating By Rachel13 Updated 16 Feb 2011 , 4:18pm by Rachel13

Rachel13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachel13 Posted 14 Feb 2011 , 4:35pm
post #1 of 10

I need to come up with a price for a sheet cake to feed 100 people for a local fire department. I was also wondering the size to do it, and if you double stack them? They also wanted sugar sheets on them and am not sure where to get those at. If you all have any ideas they would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Rachel13

9 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 14 Feb 2011 , 7:40pm
post #2 of 10

Check out this thread on how to Price cakes
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-694973-.html

As for servings here is Wilton's chart on how many a cake size serves. Their chart is based off of 4" tall cakes (two 2" layers) so if you only want to do a sheet cake (which is 2" tall) divide the numbers in half.
http://www.wilton.com/cakes/making-cakes/baking-wedding-cake-2-inch-pans.cfm

For 100 servings i like do do one 12x18 cake that is 4" tall. This will serve 108 of your standard 1x2x4 serving (if you do a sheet cake it's 2x2x2, same amount of cake either way) It's a large cake, but not to large that most people can't fit it in their vehicles. Just make sure you have a VERY sturdy base. foam coare of playwood would be best because it can become heavy depending on if you put filling in it.

Rachel13 Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 7:21pm
post #3 of 10

Thank you for the help. Does anyone know where to get sugar sheets done in TN or off line?

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 8:20pm
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel13

Thank you for the help. Does anyone know where to get sugar sheets done in TN or off line?

Most wal-marts and sam's clubs will copy a picture for you. As long as it's not a copyrighted image. Some grocery stores will too. You can usually find them for $5-$10/sheet

Rachel13 Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 9:08pm
post #5 of 10

I have tried that and they will only put them on their cakes. So not sure I may keep searching. Thank you

VickeyC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VickeyC Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 9:23pm
post #6 of 10

What part of Tennessee are you in? Also what type picture are you trying to get copied? I know of a lady in my area that does the EI's for ppl.

Ali3971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ali3971 Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 9:34pm
post #7 of 10

I print mine at a local cake supply store. There are also websites that will print them and mail them to you in just a couple days.

http://www.gogocakes.com/

Frecklysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frecklysmom Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 9:37pm
post #8 of 10

I bought a frosting sheet from Albertson's once. I took them a picture and they printed it out right there!

ToniRod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ToniRod Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 9:53pm
post #9 of 10

I 2nd the comment about the cake supply store. I know our cake supply store here in town prints out edible images for their customers as well.

Rachel13 Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 4:18pm
post #10 of 10

Thank you all very much for all the input. I am near Nashville TN.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%