New Cricut Cake Mini For Valentine's Day!!!

Decorating By KateLS Updated 15 Feb 2011 , 6:37pm by KateLS

KateLS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KateLS Posted 14 Feb 2011 , 2:43pm
post #1 of 12

Just opened the box! So excited! =) =) =)

Happy Valentine's Everyone!!!!!

11 replies
MissBlu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissBlu Posted 14 Feb 2011 , 2:51pm
post #2 of 12

YAY! Have fun with it! Happy Valentines to you too = )

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 14 Feb 2011 , 3:50pm
post #3 of 12

Know going in that there is a learning curve, and frustration. But push thru, and have fun!

KateLS Posted 14 Feb 2011 , 4:34pm
post #4 of 12

=) Thank you, both!

LoL So all my fondant is frozen, but I was eager to use it.......so I've used a tortilla and a piece of balogna. =) Other than using too much pressure and getting a big cut in the mat, it's going well! =) We'll see when we get to gumpaste and fondant!

I will push through! I am determined! =) I am so so excited!

hehehehehhe

(Can you tell I'm excited?) =)

MarciaLynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MarciaLynn Posted 14 Feb 2011 , 4:40pm
post #5 of 12

I was just like you when I got my CC mini for Christmas! Sugar cookie dough works reall good in it also! icon_smile.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 14 Feb 2011 , 4:52pm
post #6 of 12

The key to good clean cuts is: Roll very thin (pasta roller to #6 or7), let sit on greased mat in a ziplock bag over night. Straight fondant doesn't cut well, adding tylose powder works pretty good. Check out Linda McClure's blogspot for stpe by step instructions http://www . creative designs for cakes . blogspot.com/ (take out the spaces)

KateLS Posted 14 Feb 2011 , 5:10pm
post #7 of 12

MarciaLynn, cookie dough?.... ooo...that sounds fun! Thanks for the tip!

tiggy2, thanks for the advice! Perhaps my pasta roller will start to get some more use! Poor thing has hardly been used at all since I got it last year. =)

And I will definitely check out Linda's site! Thanks!

Y'all are awesome! =)

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 14 Feb 2011 , 5:12pm
post #8 of 12

Be sure to dust both sides of the gumpaste/fondant with PS so it doesn't stick to the rollers.

MarciaLynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MarciaLynn Posted 14 Feb 2011 , 5:26pm
post #9 of 12

Yup, cookie dough...make sure it is well chilled...it cuts much better that way...and dust the top a bit so the blade glides easy.O, and you'll want to roll it kinda thin...you will get nice crisp sugar cookies.

KateLS Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 5:10pm
post #10 of 12

Thank you, both again!

=)

Relznik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Relznik Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 5:18pm
post #11 of 12

I saw them on special at $99.99... my aunt (who is Canadian) is vising my cousins in the USA ... and she's coming over here to the UK in a couple of weeks.

BUT - I've been told the cartridges are expensive for it. icon_sad.gificon_sad.gif So I think I'll just have to pass. Again.

But oh how I envy the people who know what they're doing with them and can use them WELL!

KateLS Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 6:37pm
post #12 of 12

The first cartridge that comes with it has quite a bit of stuff on it to keep me happy for quite a while. =) And you can also get some for $25 on amazon. So I'll probably be asking for cartridges for future birthdays, etc. =) However, the mats also need to be replaced after a certain amount of uses (I didn't know that.), and so that will add up down the road. But with coupons,deal, etc, I think I'll be able to make it quite a bit cheaper. =) $99? Awesome price! You have amazing willpower! =)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%