Indydebi's Buttercream Not Crusting

Baking By snocilla Updated 13 Feb 2011 , 11:32am by snocilla

snocilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snocilla Posted 12 Feb 2011 , 8:48pm
post #1 of 6

Has anyone ever had issues with Indydebi's buttercream not crusting? I've been using it for a while and never had any issues, and suddenly the last two batches seem to have a more whipped consistency and will not crust. Anyone have any idea why?

Thanks!

5 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 12 Feb 2011 , 11:45pm
post #2 of 6

I had that happen when I bought the store brand of shortening and it was much softer than real Crisco.

snocilla Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 12:08am
post #3 of 6

Thanks, but I realized what I did, both times. I think I deserve the "Bonehead of the Year" award! I've made it enough times, that I don't look at the recipe anymore, and about half the time I double the recipe. It suddenly occurred to me that I doubled everything in the recipe except the powdered sugar! What a dork I am! I scraped it off, added more powdered sugar, and then it worked nicely. I still can't believe I did that!

cdgleason Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cdgleason Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 12:35am
post #4 of 6

You're NOT a bonehead!!
I love the fact that you posted this for all of use to learn from your experiences!!
I have two stand mixers, but I learned a LOOOOONG time ago that I don't have enough heads to concentrate on both mixers simultaneously...... I was never able to do anything right with both mixers fired up!! ~~~

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 2:39am
post #5 of 6

Yup - It happens to all of us at some point! thumbs_up.gif

snocilla Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 11:32am
post #6 of 6

LOL, Thanks guys!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%