Dang It! I Did It Again!! Mini Cupcake Help Needed.

Decorating By Sorelle Updated 11 Feb 2011 , 7:13pm by zoraya

Sorelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 2:23am
post #1 of 11

I overcooked my mini cupcakes again icon_mad.gif I've never gotten them just right. What is the right time and temp. for a pan of 24 mini cupcakes?? Anyone?

10 replies
Sorelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 6:01am
post #2 of 11

Anyone? I've only done standard cupcakes, 'til now anybody?

melave Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melave Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 11:26am
post #3 of 11

hi

i do my mini cupcakes on about 170 degress C (340 deg F) and watch them like a hawk. i think my lot today took around 15 minutes. But i may not be much help as my oven is really temperamental

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 3:54pm
post #4 of 11

Like melave, I set my oven at about 335 degrees and watch carefully. Ten minutes usually does the trick.

Your oven may have hot spots, so some cupcakes are cooking faster than others. May need to spin the pan around halfway thru.

I toothpick test my cupcakes when they still look a little damp on top. Honestly, they do not LOOK like they could possibly be done, but they are!

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 4:16pm
post #5 of 11

I bake at 325 degrees for 12-15 minutes and they're done. Get an oven thermometer and check how regular your oven isicon_smile.gif These little guys can over bake in a heartbeat.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 5:44pm
post #6 of 11

i bake at 325 and they are done in less than 10 minutes. But i dont' use a timer, so i'm just guessing. I can look at 'em and tell when they're done.

Ambar2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ambar2 Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 6:01pm
post #7 of 11

oh I was going to try baking some mini cupcakes with some coconut bread batter left from yesterday and Its going to be my first time, now im scared they're going to over bake. maannnnnn!

zoraya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoraya Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 6:35pm
post #8 of 11

whats the trick to getting a nice crown on the cuppies? now that I want a crown, I can't get one. mine are always flat.

DianeLM Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 6:50pm
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambar2

oh I was going to try baking some mini cupcakes with some coconut bread batter left from yesterday and Its going to be my first time, now im scared they're going to over bake. maannnnnn!

Don't stick them all in the oven at the same time. Fill up 3 or 4 cups and do a trial bake to see how long they need. Once you fill up the pan, you may need to add 30 seconds to a minute to your cooktime, but then again, you may not, so be sure to test early.

DianeLM Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 6:52pm
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoraya

whats the trick to getting a nice crown on the cuppies? now that I want a crown, I can't get one. mine are always flat.

Increase your oven temperature. If they cook slowly at a low temp, they won't puff up. Also, don't overfill the cups. Like I recommended in my last post, do a few experimental cupcakes before filling - and possibly ruining - an entire panful.

zoraya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoraya Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 7:13pm
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeLM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoraya

Increase your oven temperature. If they cook slowly at a low temp, they won't puff up. Also, don't overfill the cups. Like I recommended in my last post, do a few experimental cupcakes before filling - and possibly ruining - an entire panful.

Thanks! thumbs_up.gif
I've been baking them at 350 so maybe I'll try at a higher temp and then lower to 350 after I put them in.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%