Is There A Simple, Premade Before-You-Bake Filling?

Baking By banananutmuffin Updated 16 Feb 2011 , 10:37pm by AmyBee89

banananutmuffin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banananutmuffin Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 4:14pm
post #1 of 8

Hi folks! I want to make chocolate cupcakes for Hubby's coworkers... was planning to top with a poured ganache and then decorate with candy conversation hearts. Basically, I want to keep it simple! (I have a toddler and newborn right now.) Is there a simple, premade before-you-bake filling I could use to jazz up these cupcakes? I've heard of people dropping a ball of chilled ganache into the center of the batter before baking to get a chocolatey ooey center. What about a piece of a candy bar, like a snickers or something? Anyone ever tried that? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!!!

7 replies
SnLSweetEscapes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SnLSweetEscapes Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 9:57pm
post #2 of 8

I know what you mean about time. I have a 3.5 year old and 22 month old at home.

Why don't you try just adding a fresh raspberry into the batter? If you use a candy bar I would use a mini Peanut Butter Cup. Good Luck!

LisaMarie86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMarie86 Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 10:10pm
post #3 of 8

I dont know how it would bake up but I bet it would be good to do a candy bar. Ive done chocolate chip cookie dough before it was pretty good and stayed more dough like than cookie like.

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 12 Feb 2011 , 6:08pm
post #4 of 8

Here are two blogs that have recipes for cupcakes with stuff baked into them.

http://picky-palate.com/recipe-index/

http://bakeitinacake.com/

Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 1:48am
post #5 of 8

You can use the cubed caramels that come prewrapped in the candy aisle. After baking they are nice, soft and gooey icon_smile.gif

VaBelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VaBelle Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 2:04am
post #6 of 8

Nestle Dulce de Leche. Just drop in a dollop before baking. Since it's not hard, it should stay nice and soft after cooling.

simplysouthern Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysouthern Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 2:09am
post #7 of 8

Try a peppermint patty, it's delicious when baked into the cupcake!!

AmyBee89 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyBee89 Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 10:37pm
post #8 of 8

I made a pb filling once with peanut butter, powdered sugar, and butter-- form it into a ball, freeze it a bit ,and drop it in. They tasted GREAT but made the wrappers super greasy. I've seen similar things done with frozen cookie dough and keep meaning to try it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%