Looking For Letter Cutters...

Decorating By Tclanton Updated 11 Feb 2011 , 1:33pm by Tclanton

Tclanton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tclanton Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 1:50pm
post #1 of 12

that resemble cookie cutters. I have the tappits, and they really give me a hard time every now and then. Does anyone know where I can buy the metal cutters of the alphabet?

TIA, T

11 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 2:05pm
post #2 of 12

Lots of cake sites sell the large 3 inch metal letter cookie cutters.I even found a cute 2 inch set at my local dollar store for $1.50 and I use these the most.Search around..I'd list the site but they end up being blocked anyway...

Try globalsugarart

drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 2:09pm
post #3 of 12

if you like the look of tappits but hate how hard they are to use, you can try these:

http://www.globalsugarart.com/cat.php?cid=1158&s=&name=Windsor%20ClickStix

they come with an ejector!

diane

brensmom12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brensmom12 Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 2:11pm
post #4 of 12

Do they have to be metal? If you are just looking for basic alphabet (no fancy letters) the Wilton cookie cutters bucket is about $10 and contains more than just letters. See my pics page with the cake that says CONNOR for an example of what the letters look like.

mayo2222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mayo2222 Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 2:15pm
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegore

if you like the look of tappits but hate how hard they are to use, you can try these:

diane

Wow, now I wish I had known about these before I bought my tappits

Tclanton Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 2:46pm
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by brensmom12

Do they have to be metal? If you are just looking for basic alphabet (no fancy letters) the Wilton cookie cutters bucket is about $10 and contains more than just letters. See my pics page with the cake that says CONNOR for an example of what the letters look like.

Available where?

Tclanton Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 2:48pm
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegore

diane

Got them in a cart now - thank you!!!

brensmom12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brensmom12 Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 2:57pm
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tclanton

Quote:
Originally Posted by brensmom12

Available where?

I purchased mine at Bed Bath & Beyond, but I've seen them at Walmart and Michaels as well.

Tclanton Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 3:03pm
post #9 of 12

Cool - thanks everyone, I dont like fighting a product for very long - LOL!! Happy Day's to all!!!

caleyb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caleyb Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 4:13pm
post #10 of 12

AC Moore has a set of small metal cutters - they work wonderfully!

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 11:02pm
post #11 of 12

Tappits are worth persevering with. Don't give up on them. I could have tossed mine before I got the hang of them, but am glad I didn't now. The Clickstix are a great option - they are easier than tappits.

Tclanton Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 1:33pm
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral3

Tappits are worth persevering with. Don't give up on them. I could have tossed mine before I got the hang of them, but am glad I didn't now. The Clickstix are a great option - they are easier than tappits.

Oh trust me - I am not giving up on them, just need to take the time to practice and see what works best for me. Sometimes finding extra time is difficult.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%