How Do I Make A 3D Eiffel Tower For The Top Of A Cake?

Decorating By jgraves Updated 10 Feb 2011 , 12:56am by mo_gateaux

jgraves Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgraves Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 12:09am
post #1 of 5

Hey,

Does anyone have instructions or ideas on how I can make a 3D Eiffel Tower? I need to put it on top of a cake and am not sure how to do it. I usually make my figurines out of fondant but fondant is going to be too heavy. I need to find a way to make it where it is strudy and not brittle. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!! icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
CupQuequito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupQuequito Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 12:19am
post #2 of 5

Rice Krispy Treats?

Crazboutcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazboutcakes Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 12:22am
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupQuequitos_By_Shanali

Rice Krispy Treats?

Yeah rkt would work fine and than I would cover it with either fondant ort molding choclate and possibly paint the inside black and dust with silver dust for the out side of the tower, just my thoughts

Bskinne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bskinne Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 12:23am
post #4 of 5

I agree, RKT. I would shape it around a dowel and let it harden, then you can carve it as needed. Cover in candy melts to make smooth and then cover in fondant and decorate. icon_smile.gif

mo_gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mo_gateaux Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 12:56am
post #5 of 5

there's a pattern for a royal icing eiffel tower. it's not easy, but it's pretty cool. i wasn't able to put mine together bc the humidity here in the summer. think i may try it again one day in the winter. if you'd like the pattern pm me your email address and i'll send it to you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%