Washington State Senate Bill 5748 "cottage Food Law&quo

Decorating By FH_Cakes Updated 27 Jun 2011 , 9:35pm by Spuddysmom

FH_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FH_Cakes Posted 22 Apr 2011 , 5:16pm
post #121 of 138

I received several e-mails last night from Senators all congratulating me on this journey...What an extraordinary experience this has been. Thank you for all you support and help with this bill...I couldn't have done it with out all you!

It appears that the Governor will likely sign this bill into law within the next 20 days, it could happen as early as this coming week. I will let you all know, and I will post pics of me with the Governor at the signing!

Great job everyone, give yourself a big high five from me!

WE DID IT!!!!!

Sucrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sucrea Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 6:15pm
post #122 of 138

Thank you! You are amazing and all of your hard work and dedication is truly appreciated! Thank you again!

Smallfrye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smallfrye Posted 3 May 2011 , 8:40pm
post #123 of 138

Have we heard when she will sign it yet??

FH_Cakes Posted 3 May 2011 , 10:47pm
post #124 of 138

No...

I will only get approx 24-48 hour notice for the signing date. I have several Senators on the look out for any info they are privy to before the general population. I am hoping it is this week...crossing fingers...

FH_Cakes Posted 4 May 2011 , 3:14pm
post #125 of 138

This is it, the day we have all been waiting for!

Governor will sign SB5748 into law tomorrow morning @ 9:30...I will take lots of pictures and update as soon as I get home!

Smallfrye Posted 4 May 2011 , 5:22pm
post #126 of 138

You are AWESOME, thank you for all that you have done for this. Can anyone go and watch?? If so where would we go??

FH_Cakes Posted 5 May 2011 , 8:46pm
post #127 of 138

It is with my great honor to announce Washington State now has a Cottage Foods Law. The bill was signed this morning. The law will go into effect in 90 days. I will update you all as soon as I get more info on the inspection process.

In the mean time you may contact your local health dept to make them aware of this new law. You will need to get your food handlers permit (if you don't already have it) and you will need to contact your local city for zoning to enusre you can operate a business from your home...Stay tuned for more info!

The video is not up yet, nor are the pics...I will post these later icon_biggrin.gif

Smallfrye Posted 5 May 2011 , 8:56pm
post #128 of 138

This is great newsicon_smile.gif Now everyone just has to get to work to all the requirements done. LOL So 90 days is really not that long to wait.

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 5 May 2011 , 8:59pm
post #129 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by FH_Cakes

It is with my great honor to announce Washington State now has a Cottage Foods Law. The bill was signed this morning. The law will go into effect in 90 days. I will update you all as soon as I get more info on the inspection process.

In the mean time you may contact your local health dept to make them aware of this new law. You will need to get your food handlers permit (if you don't already have it) and you will need to contact your local city for zoning to enusre you can operate a business from your home...Stay tuned for more info!

The video is not up yet, nor are the pics...I will post these later icon_biggrin.gif

Why haven't I seen this thread?? I live in Seattle WA!! have not read all the pages but I will. Congratulations FH_Cakes for all your work on this and I apologize for not being updated icon_redface.gif
Thank you! thumbs_up.gif

FH_Cakes Posted 18 May 2011 , 5:22am
post #130 of 138

UPDATE 5/17:

I spoke with the Department of Agricultural today, they have begun the process of implementing the law and starting the inspectionsThe problem is it is a lengthy process! I have been advised that we will likely not see inspections start until the fall.

From this point, they must first work on the Rules. This involves their attorneys and several levels of the Ag Dept to fine tune the details. There could possibly be a public hearing on this (likely in August). Once all these details are worked out the inspections can begin. They are anticipating roughly 1000 participants of the Cottage Foods Law will apply; the inspection process could take some time! The staff I am in communication with will notify me as any new info comes in. I will then pass this along to all of you.

They are currently working on the webpage for the application, FAQ and other info so we can get a head start on the inspection process. I will post the web address the minute I get it!

**The Rules I am referring to are the fine details of the inspectionWhat the inspector looks for, where products are stored, temperatures, cleaning routine***

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 19 May 2011 , 4:20pm
post #131 of 138

Thank you Felicia, you rock!! thumbs_up.gif

Smallfrye Posted 26 May 2011 , 1:32am
post #132 of 138

Thank you. Just read it. (Im not getting notifications right now for some reason)

Justcakesbyviki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Justcakesbyviki Posted 30 May 2011 , 4:54pm
post #133 of 138

This is great news! But since my cakes should be refridgerated will this be excluded for a home cake baking a and decorating?

Larkin121 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Larkin121 Posted 30 May 2011 , 5:08pm
post #134 of 138

Yes, if your cakes need refrigeration, then you can't take advantage of the cottage bill. There are several rental kitchens available, depending on where you live.

LisaKM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaKM Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 3:42am
post #135 of 138

I am very sorry that I just became aware of the Cottage Law. I was so excited to hear that it passed. I was also sorry that I didn't help in this process. Thank you so much FH_Cakes. "You Rock". I will be following this post very closely. If there is anything I can help you with please ask.

CakesbyLee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyLee Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 4:17pm
post #136 of 138

Thank you so much for all you did to make this happen!!!! This is a definite win for the little guy! About time we win one!!!

FH_Cakes Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 8:33pm
post #137 of 138

Hey everyone...I created a facebook page for us to keep informed/ask questions...I have received alot of e-mails from others (not apart of cakecentral)..Please come join in!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Washington-State-Cottage-Food/212823708752853

Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 9:35pm
post #138 of 138

What a great idea - thank you! One more question ... sorry about that... when I hit the "type your question" on the FAQs page it didn't allow me to type my question. I want to know how to find out the HD guidelines for inspection because every site I've checked out only has the regulations for commercial kitchens. I think that's a question that many would have. How do I add it?
Thank you again for the page!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%