How Soon Can You Bake For,,,,,

Decorating By madgeowens Updated 10 Feb 2011 , 3:24am by VaBelle

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 10:40pm
post #1 of 6

two and three tier birthday cakes due on Saturday? Is Thursday too early to bake and ice do ya think?

5 replies
Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 10:57pm
post #2 of 6

I bake on Wednesdays, cover in cling film for overnight, torte, fill and ganache on Thursday mornings, sometimes cover in fondant on Thurs afternoon, or on Friday, finish decorating on Friday and it will be ready for Saturday. Also gives me a bit of leeway if something doesn't go quite right with the final decorating.

stsapph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stsapph Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 10:58pm
post #3 of 6

Nope, I normally bake, wrap and freeze over night on Wed, fill and let settle on Thursday and decorate on Friday. I've never had a problem.

Mikel79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikel79 Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 1:30am
post #4 of 6

You will be fine. I have a cake that I baked tonight (Wednesday) for a Saturday afternoon party.

It is wrapped in a food safe plastic bag. Ice tomorrow (Thursday). Decorate Friday.

HTH

Michael

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 3:06am
post #5 of 6

I always feel like its not fresh lol if I don't make it closer to the day they want the cake, but when you are doing tiers with fondant etc, I need enough time to do it all. Thanks i will bake tomorrow then.

VaBelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VaBelle Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 3:24am
post #6 of 6

I only get to do my thing at night or the two days a week when my son is at the sitters so I bake on Tuesday and freeze, torte, fill, and ice on Thursday and and decorate on Friday. Freezing helps keep the cakes fresh. I've gotten rave reviews on taste on every cake I've made.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%