Too Early To Frost And Fill

Decorating By Mfattore Updated 9 Feb 2011 , 11:18pm by BrindysBackyard

Mfattore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mfattore Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 7:57pm
post #1 of 7

I have a cake that needs to be ready for Saturday in the freezer. Can I thaw and frost today? Too early? The mom is my friend and she wants to help do the fondant decorations on Thursday. If I fill and crumbcoat today will it be dry/stale by Saturday? Or am I ok? I don't want to get up at the crack of dawn to frost and fill tomorrow before she comes to "play with the fondant". I don't know why I say yes to these things. Thanks!

6 replies
Mfattore Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 10:50pm
post #2 of 7

Nobody?

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 10:52pm
post #3 of 7

It will be fine if you thaw it today, and fill and crumb coat. That will keep the air out of the cake. It will be delicious on Saturday, no problem.

Mfattore Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 10:56pm
post #4 of 7

Thank you for your reply. I am a hobbyist but this is a party with about 50 people and I am nerve racked. I will thaw and prep tonight.

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 10:59pm
post #5 of 7

The sooner you start work on it, you will feel less nervewrecked. Keep an eye on your mom with the decorations icon_biggrin.gif

Mfattore Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 11:02pm
post #6 of 7

I will keep an eye on the decor. Simple stripes and dots but who knows.

BrindysBackyard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrindysBackyard Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 11:18pm
post #7 of 7

Are you doing butter cream with fondant decoration or covering the cake with fondant and adding the fondant decor? If you are doing the latter, I would cover the cake before she comes over.

Pick out a few styles that you know will be easy and let her pick witch one she wants to do. It will be easy to keep the decorating in your control and you will not feel so nerve racked.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%