justdessertsbyyesi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justdessertsbyyesi Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 12:38am
post #1 of 17

Can someone recommend a good printer?

16 replies
icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 6:54pm
post #2 of 17

Yes! We strongly recommend the Canon ip3600 or the Canon mp560. The only difference between the two is the mp560 has a scanner so it can be used with or without a computer. The 3600 is just the printer and must be used with the PC. Canon has the removable printheads so if you ever have a clog you can clean them!!! But I recommend both of those. Let me know if you need any other assistance!

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 7:09pm
post #3 of 17

See I had the Cannon 560 and barely used it and it broke on me within 6 months! Plus I had problems with it constantly telling me that it was out of ink from day 1 when I inserted the cartridges. I bought mine at Target on sale so maybe it was just the one I got.

Mb20fan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mb20fan Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 7:16pm
post #4 of 17

Keeping an eye on this thread as I will be in the market to make a purchase in the next few weeks. I want a printer that prints bold, strong and true to color without streaks...I hope that's that possible. Image

icingimages Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 7:31pm
post #5 of 17

It is completely possible!!!! Let me know if you need any help or have any questions and I will be glad to help you!

Mb20fan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mb20fan Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 7:34pm
post #6 of 17

Thank you Debbie...I sent you a message. Image

justdessertsbyyesi Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 1:37am
post #7 of 17

debbie if i bought a IP3600, are there different types of IP3600? I have been researching, they have different types such as

-CanoniP3600 Inkjet Photo Printer
-Canonip3600 gold label
-Canon Pixma iP3500 Photo Printer

are they the same thing?

LisaR64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaR64 Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 3:14am
post #8 of 17

I have both the IP3600 and the Canon MP560. My MP560 has MUCH better resolution and picture quality than my IP3600, but I do use both.

justdessertsbyyesi Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 3:19am
post #9 of 17

Hi Lisa

What is the cartridge number for the MP 560?

LisaR64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaR64 Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 10:23am
post #10 of 17

I use the Gold Label edible ink from Icing Images.

ChunkkeeMunkkee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChunkkeeMunkkee Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 11:11am
post #11 of 17

I have the Epson NX115 and love it. No issues yet.... Wal-mart carries it online....

icingimages Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 9:20pm
post #12 of 17

I would take caution when considering an Epson. Since the printhead is not removable, if you do get a clog, and you cannot clear it through the printer then you are out the printer. With the Canon, you can remove the printhead and clean it thoroughly or even replace it if you must. But the important thing to remember no matter what printer you choose is that you use it regularly.

icingimages Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 9:21pm
post #13 of 17

I would take caution when considering an Epson. Since the printhead is not removable, if you do get a clog, and you cannot clear it through the printer then you are out the printer. With the Canon, you can remove the printhead and clean it thoroughly or even replace it if you must. But the important thing to remember no matter what printer you choose is that you use it regularly.

icingimages Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 9:21pm
post #14 of 17

icingimages Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 9:22pm
post #15 of 17

pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 10:24pm
post #16 of 17

I was looking online at the Canon MP560 today and it is marked way down and on clearance. I noticed on another site that the product may have ben discontinued. Have you heard of anything like that? And if it is being discontinued, other than the IP3600 is there another all in one model you've been testing and would recommend?

icingimages Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 2:06am
post #17 of 17

Every few years, Canon changes out their printer. The new printer cartridges have not yet been introduced to the edible market. This does not mean that the mp560 is not a good choice, in all actuality, it is a great printer and has a proven track record.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%