New Business.. Reaching Out To Planner Etc

Business By mindy1204 Updated 9 Feb 2011 , 8:52pm by tracycakes

mindy1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindy1204 Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 3:42pm
post #1 of 2

What is the best way to reach out to coordinators and wedding sites? I know in our area I need to market them in order to get to the most brides. I have a friend that is a coordinator so ofcourse I dropped her an emailn but what about those that aren't friends.

Should I email, maybe with an offer to drop off some samples etc??

1 reply
tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 8:52pm
post #2 of 2

Indydebi has some good advice so I'll pass it along since I've just started doing this myself and I have already reaped benefits (and brides) from it.

I've called some local wedding/event planners and introduced myself. I said that I would like to meet with them, show them what we do, etc. They have always responded very positively, one planner even saying that she had been wanting to meet me. I was going to offer to meet them somewhere, like a coffee shop but they first ask me where we are located. I have a little 4 pack box of cupcakes with different cupcake flavors and icings, along with another box with fillings and a taste of our fondant. We talk a bit, I have a book of photos and I give them the box along with our cards and some brochures.

They respond very well and are thrilled to take some cupcakes home with them. I've already gotten referrals and one bride has already paid. It pays off to build a personal relationship with them.

Thanks Debi! You are right, once again. icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%