White Velvet Cupcake

Baking By cupcakeluv Updated 10 Feb 2011 , 8:19am by cupcakeluv

cupcakeluv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeluv Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 11:18pm
post #1 of 4

Has anyone tried a white velvet recipe?
I have googled and found a lot of differents version. Some without vingar but only buttermilk. Some only have egg whites instead of whole egg?
What do you think? love to hear aboout your experiance.

3 replies
SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 4:45pm
post #2 of 4

I don't understand how this would work. Red velvet needs to have cocoa powder to be red velvet, so I thnk any other x velvet would need it too.
Would use use white chocolate hot cocoa mix? Hopefully someone has an answer for you.

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 12:18pm
post #3 of 4

Truthfully, I think it's just a fancier term for white cake. If you want it to have the buttermilk and vinegar, like a real RV, just take the cocoa and red food coloring out of your favorite RV recipe. The amount of cocoa in red velvet is so negligible (we're talking a couple of tablespoons here) that I don't think it makes a difference if it's removed to make it "white."

cupcakeluv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeluv Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 8:19am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieCahill

Truthfully, I think it's just a fancier term for white cake. If you want it to have the buttermilk and vinegar, like a real RV, just take the cocoa and red food coloring out of your favorite RV recipe. The amount of cocoa in red velvet is so negligible (we're talking a couple of tablespoons here) that I don't think it makes a difference if it's removed to make it "white."

my thaugth too, but i thaught maybe someone had tried and could share the experiance.
icon_smile.gif

both of you thankyou for replaying icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%