Cake Tin No.4!! In Uk

Decorating By RUTHEY509 Updated 25 Mar 2011 , 12:07am by LisaPeps

RUTHEY509 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RUTHEY509 Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 5:51pm
post #1 of 6

im a hobbie cake maker but currently making my own wedding cake. Im planning a 3 tier, 6 8 & 10inch, cake. My issue is this. . . Finding a true 8inch cake tin!! Ive bought 4 this week alone all have been around 7inch when measured!! Can anyone recommend a true 8inch cake tin to buy in the uk? Does this mythical tin exist!? Help please! Cheers

5 replies
Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 11:38am
post #2 of 6

Try Lakeland, their stuff is usually pretty good: http://www.lakeland.co.uk/my-kitchen-cook-!AMPERSAND-bake-loose-based-deep-cake-tins/F/keyword/cake+tin/product/12612_12528
Or if you can go to a cake decorating shop, PME make good cake tins too.

Davwattie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Davwattie Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 12:29pm
post #3 of 6

Hi, Try TKMaxx they have loads of cake tins for good prices, Ive had loads of cake stuff from there.

sugarshack is good too, I had a set of about 7 tins for £40 and they are really good.

Moondance Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moondance Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 11:28pm
post #4 of 6

I buy Invicta professional cake tins - they're not cheap but are really good tins...and straight!

I just wasted money on what I thought was a good petal shaped tin.....cheaper than invicta....and the cake sides are all over the placeicon_sad.gif

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 11:55pm
post #5 of 6

And if you happen to not find them there, you can always order from Global Sugar Art. They have everything.

http://www.globalsugarart.com/cat.php?cid=821&s=30&name=Cake%20Pans/Round%20Cake%20Pans

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 12:07am
post #6 of 6

Invicta are the best cake tins you can get in the UK.

Before I knew this I got the Lakeland ones and they are pretty good.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%