Ice Cream Cone Cake?

Decorating By King-Girlz Updated 6 Feb 2011 , 11:41pm by King-Girlz

King-Girlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
King-Girlz Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 7:13pm
post #1 of 3

Hello
I love all the ice cream cone cakes that I have seen on CC. I have soem questions and was wondering if anyone could help me?
I would like to do this cake and use sugar cones, just like the photo. I would like to fondant the cake. Are the sugar cones cut in half? Are they whole and pushed into the sides of the fondant? Do you fill them with buttercream after they are on the cake? How do you attach the cones to the side of the cake without them falling off?
The cone in the middle standing out of the cake? Could I fill it with buttercream and then dowel it through the middle? I only want to make mine one layer...10 inch round.
Any help would be greatly apprecaited.
Thank you so much.
I am trying to add an attachment of a similar cake on CC but can't seem to be able to attach for some reason.

2 replies
princess_09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princess_09 Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 11:26pm
post #2 of 3

I have never made one of these cakes before, but will try to help. I found a picture like the one you are describing. This one has icing around the edges of the cone, so it appears that was to cover the edges of the cone. It looks to me like they were cut in half and the icing is to keep them attached to the cake. It might also work to cut out the cone shape from the cake and then set a cone in the cut out and glue in with buttercream. As for the cone on top, I think that your idea would work just fine. I hope that helps!

King-Girlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
King-Girlz Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 11:41pm
post #3 of 3

Yes..it is a round 2 tiered cake with 4 sugar cones around the base of the cake and on the top tier there is an ice cream cone coming right out of the top of the cake. The sugar cones are filled with buttercream.
I have tried and tried to post a pic without being able to do it for some reason. I don't know why it won't let me.
I have looked at a couple and can't seem to see if the cones are cut in half or if they are full?
I will go with the flow and keep my fingers crossed! Would love to try this for a friend whose daughter LOVES buttercream!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%