Kuhn Rikon Cookie And Cupcake Decorating Set

Baking By dream Updated 6 Feb 2011 , 6:24pm by Jeanne10

dream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dream Posted 5 Feb 2011 , 11:24pm
post #1 of 10

I just purchased this set from T J Maxx for $14.99 and I cannot wait to use it- the bummer is I just made some cookies and I could have used this set because they looked horrible! I hope this will improve the look of my cookies! Anyway, if you don't have a T J Maxx near you here is a link for the company: http://www.kuhnrikon.com/products/tools/tools.php3?id=348

9 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 12:36am
post #2 of 10

I'm so used to using bags, that I'm not sure I'd know what to do with a bottle. Although, I sometimes use bottles for chocolate.

dream Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 12:56am
post #3 of 10

My cookies are always messy and rushed- that is why I haven't posted any.ahahahhahahaha I use bags but the end results are not always favorable.

Jeanne10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeanne10 Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 1:26am
post #4 of 10

They are great!!! Use them to decorate all my cookies!!

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 6:13am
post #5 of 10

I buy the mold painter bottles, much cheaper! I get them from both f ondantsource.com and countrykitchensa.com. I have a hard time controlling bags but the bottles seem to make my hands more tired from the squeezing... but the cookies look better

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 6:16am
post #6 of 10

Sur la Table sells the bottles by themselves and the kit. I don't think I could use the accordion style bottles but I have several of the other ones and love, love, love them! I started out using bags and my hands got tired way too fast and the flooding consistency flooded everywhere whenever I set them down. I also don't have to worry about walking away for a bit because I just put the lid on instead of wrapping a damp paper towel around the tip and coming back to a wet mess of icing because the icing in the bag suck up the water in the paper towel. If you're bottle is getting empty and you need to stop for a bit, you just snap the lid on and toss the bottle upside down in a glass to keep the icing near the tip.

Well worth the money.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 12:09pm
post #7 of 10

Sounds like I should give it a try!

dream Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 2:51pm
post #8 of 10

They sure are cheaper! I was looking for a bottle that I could interchange the tips and it looks like theirs does! I had brought the Wilton bottles that come in the big round plastic container but you cannot interchange tips. Thanks. I will have to check on this- the more the merrier.

TheRedCooky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheRedCooky Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 6:08pm
post #9 of 10

I use the KR bottles tops with Wilton bottles. Wilton bottles are softer plastic than KR and easier to squeeze. So yes the KR tops can be used on some
Wilton bottles.

Jeanne10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeanne10 Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 6:24pm
post #10 of 10

I find that the accordion bottles are a lot easier than the reg bottles. You don't have to squeeze and my hands don't get as tired as when I use the squeeze bottles, that is just my experience with using the bottles. Everyone has their own way which is the most comfortable way for them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%