Anyone A Member Of Mycakeschool.com?

Decorating By Lazy_Susan Updated 4 Feb 2011 , 6:33am by fairmaiden0101

Lazy_Susan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lazy_Susan Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 2:31am
post #1 of 12

Is anyone a member of mycakeschool.com? I'm thinking about joining but I would like some feedback about it first. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

11 replies
kneenah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneenah Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 2:45am
post #2 of 12

Well me personally i think if u need to pay to join then it isnt worth is cuz there are alot of websites that u dont need to pay and u get great ideas and help from them.... good luck i wouldnt join

sweeteats0919 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeteats0919 Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 2:52am
post #3 of 12

Honestly I think that you can find almost anything on the internet for free especially vudeo tutorials on youtube

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 3:09am
post #4 of 12

I am. I joined for one year. I'm not on there much and I don't know if I'll renew or not, but it's a lot cheaper than other places you have to pay for. She does have some very nice tutorials.

lyndim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lyndim Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 3:30am
post #5 of 12

I was curious too, still thinking about joining.

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 2:05am
post #6 of 12

I think it looks neat. That is what I was hoping we would get with the cakecentral magazines. I love tutorials. And she even does buttercream too. Which some have abandoned these days. I may consider it.

sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 2:37am
post #7 of 12

It really depends on what you are looking for. I find some stuff with you-tube, but a lot of those are lacking 'full' instructions. Only a few free videos have all you need and a lot of times there is nothing yet on what you want to learn.

A membership site is just like paying for a magazine subscription, buying a book or going to a class, I don't know why people are so against it. I think the better question would be, what are you looking for and how best do you learn? Is the written word good enough, pictures, or video? Have you found what you needed on the free sites? What kind of benefits does the myschool site have over the free stuff? It's definitely a personal opinion.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 3:44am
post #8 of 12

The gal who runs MyCakeSchool is a CC member, I think her name here is "Elvis" or something like that.

tryingcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tryingcake Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 5:00am
post #9 of 12

I also have no issue paying for websites I love and don't want it to go away. The paid "usually" have less trauma. Not guaranteed. Just usually.

kaseyrconnect Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaseyrconnect Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 5:51am
post #10 of 12

I am a member and really enjoy her video tutorials. She takes you step by step through every cake she does. I have learned a lot from her and watching her do things as she is explaining it really helps me understand it better.

alleykat1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alleykat1 Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 6:21am
post #11 of 12

I'm a member and I love it she is great and answers questions quickly.
great tutorials too

fairmaiden0101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fairmaiden0101 Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 6:33am
post #12 of 12

Hmm, think I will check it out!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%